☆Teenage years: Eric☆

Summer 2023...

I wake up, confused. Is this afterlife? No, it looks like a hospital. What? What is even happening. I groan as I sit straight up in bed. My head hurts. I rub my eyes. The sun is shining trough the curtains. A nurse came in.

"Hi there. We are glad you are awake. Should I call your parents?" She smiles, she seems friendly.
"No, not now" I answer.
I give her a half smile back.
"That is okay, do you want something to eat?" She asks in a concerned voice.
I shake my head." Just some water, if that is okay?". "Ofcourse."
And the woman walks away.

I died, right? How? I have so many questions. What did that guy do to me? Should I go to the police?
The woman come back with some food.
"You have a guest, is it okay if they talk to you right now?" The woman asks as she puts the food on a table next to me.
"Who is it?" I ask curiously. Who wouod be asking for me? The woman shrugs her shoulder. "Alright, let them in."
The woman walked out of the room.

I grab the glass of water and almost choke on it when I see the same guy, who had attacked me, walk in. After I am done coughing, I ask in a mean and annoyed voice: .
"What are you doing here?" She glares at him.
"I wanted to say sorry again. I know it is unforgivable. I just could not control myself. I had asked for an ambu. I told them that you were walking and you looked pale and when I wanted to ask you something, you fainted and did not wake up. You have been out for a week."

Thanks to you... "Right, so why did you bite my neck? I mean I died, how am I still here?"
I rolled my eyes and mumble quickly: "You should of let me die."
"I heard that." I freeze. Oh no, hopefully he doesn't think I am su*id♡l and need help.

"You shouldn't say that. By the way, my name is Eric. Don't tell anyone and I do not care if you do not believe me.." Eric looks around and then whispers "I am a vampire."
I raise my eyebrow. I am skeptical.
"A vampire?"
"Hush not so loud."
"Can you proof it?"
"I guess so" Eric walks over to beam of light that came from the half closed curtains.

He puts his arm and it starts to burn. His hand literally went on fire. He quickly put his hand away. I watch it happen and calm down a bit.
"Okay, I believe you. How did you get here than?"
"A friend dropped me off, I have my umbrella in the hallway. I can only not be direct sunlight, indirect sunlight is fine. I am happy you are okay, I am a new vampire and just did not get enough human blood. You were the unlucky one that crossed my path."

"Yeah, now I am in the hospital and I almost died. What a fun start of my holiday." I say sarcastic.

"Look, I understand that you are frustrated, but if I could change it, I would. I just can't. What can I do to make it right?"

"I guess you being my friend can't hurt...nevermind, I doubt that, but I don't care. You are going to be my friend."
I smile as I see the dissapointment in Erics face.

"Can I atleast know your name than?"
"Oh right, my name is ????."
Can I.. get your number? Since we are now friends."

Eric put his hand in his jacket. He took a piece of paper out and a pen and scribbled on it. He walks over to me and gives me the piece of paper and walks out of the room.
On the piece of paper is the number.
I have a vampire as friend, who would of thought of that? Guess with every bad thing, there is something great.

Something very great...