Chapter 17 - Surprises Surprises

Tristan's POV

I was pretty nervous. We were going on our date today. I shouldn't be nervous I mean she asked me out I just don't know if she'll like what I planned or not. I already took permission from her mother to take, her out until midnight and she agreed.

It was 8pm now. I was outside her house now, I got out of the house and headed towards the front door. I rang the doorbell and waited shuffling on my feet. "Hey dude!" Jason exclaimed opening the door. "Who's by the door?" Mason screamed from inside. "Tristan." Jason screamed back. "Oh hello." Mason said coming up behind Jason. "What are you doing here?" Jason asked. "Well I'm uh here to pick up Emma." I said scratching the back of my head nervously.

"Move out of the was Jas let him in." Mason said pushing Jason out of the way and gesturing for me to come in. "So..." Jason started. "You and our sister ha?" He smirked. "Well um uhh I-" I stuttered nervously but Mason cut me off. "listen here you might be our friend but when it comes to our sister you better watch out if you ever hurt here I swear to god man your dead." he stated looking as serious as ever. I nodded gulping. "Emma Tristan's here." Jason shouted breaking the silence. "Okay coming." she screamed back.

"You look amazing." I told her in all honesty when she walked into the living room. "Thank you." She said a blush taking over her beautiful features. "You don't look so bad yourself." she said grinning. I smirked and held me arm out for her. she latched it with mine and we walked to the car. She was wearing ripped jeans and a white shirt. She looked absolutely beautiful.

I opened the passenger door for her and went to the drivers seat. "So where are we going?" She asked giddily, grinning. "As I told you before princess that's a surprise." I said grinning. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Okay well," she huffed crossing her arms. We stopped by a diner to get dinner. I quickly jumped out of the car and went to open the passenge door for Emma. "Ma lady." I said bowing down after I opened her door. "Shouldn't I be doing all that planning the places opening the doors." she said smirking. "And why is that babe?" I asked tilting my head but grinning nevertheless. "Umm if I remember correctly I asked you out." she continued smirking. "Mhhmmm true. but you were unprepared." "whatever" she said rolling her eyes. The waiter guided us to our table and I pulled the chair out for her. "Being a gentleman are we?" She giggled. I smirked and went and sat down in the chair in front of her.

"Okay Tristan Wood what's your story" she asked me. I didn't knew what she meant I didn't want to talk about my parent so I went with the simple. "Well I started playing football when I was 12, my dad taught me. and well I play guitar, I bet you didn't know that. there's nothing really that interesting." I shrugged. "Come in the deeper story behind you." she said resting her chin in her palm and she leaned forward. "You know what I'm being nosy don't answer that it's fine." she wrinkled her nose. I sighed and sat up. "no no I'll tell you it's fine." I took a deep breathe. "I know a lot about your past and you don't know anything, it's only fair if I tell you." I said. "Look our pasts don't define who we are." She said quietly. I nodded and started the story. "I was only 6 when my mother and father started fighting, my father would come home drunk everyday, it started out as shouting and screaming only," I know she was confused my parents were the perfect couple, you could say that. "When I turned 7 which was a month after that he started abusing my mother, he never actually abused me just a couple hits and shouting but my mother got all of it. one day my mother had enough of it she went up to her room after he beat her up, she was all bruised and hurt, she decided to call the cops, she locked the door to their room and dialed the cops, he knew something was going on, he knocked and knocked on the door but she wouldn't answer. he broke down the door and well he shot her, little did he know the cops were in the line, I was a kid then I didn't know what to do I was standing by the door." I shuddered at the ugly memories. My body was stuff all over, she grabbed my hand that was resting on top of my head from the nerves and intertwined hers with it setting them on the table, I instantly relaxed. "My parents now, they adopted me when I turned 8 on my birthday just about a year after everything happened. I treated them like shit in my first years with them, because I couldn't get over what happened but as I grew up I realized how much I love them they were all I had. I love them a lot they mean the world to me." I ended, my breathing quick. she rubbed circles on my hand I was grateful. I actually felt a lot better and closer to her opening up. The only people I told were my 3 buddies and her now. My parents tried to get me to talk to many therapists but I never opened up but here with Emmalyn it was so easy, it even took me about 2 years to tell my friends after we became best friends.

We are made small conversations, she was pulling jokes and stuff that made me laugh and I was honestly grateful for that. We finished our food and went back to the car. "Are you gonna tell me where we'll be going now?" She said hopeful, her eyes wide and her lips pouting. "Okay fine I'll tell you." I said giving in. "Well come on, where?" She asked practically jumping in her seat. "Drive through movie." I said waiting anxiously for her reaction. "I've always wanted to go to one." she squealed excitedly. I sighed in relief and grinned.

I parked the car and got the pillows and blankets from the back and laid them on the hood of my car. I grabbed Emma's car and we both layed down watching the movie. "Letters to Juliet, really?" She whispered excitedly, turning all her attention to the movie in front of us.

************

"Thank you so much for today." Emma grinned. "Well I should thank you actually." she rolled her eyes but was grinning nevertheless. "Come on one last stop." I said, getting out of the car and opening her door. She looked around and her eyes widened. She dragged me inside, the whole shop was empty since it was 11:30 and the kids usually go to the ice cream shop early in the day.

"What are you kids doing awake this late?" The women was middle aged and friendly she had a teasing smile in her face. Emmalyn blushed and I grabbed her waist. "We're just making the last stop here in our date." I grinned. Emma blushed more and the women smile adoringly with warm eyes. "So what do you want?" She smiled. "Chocolate." We answered in the same time. She chuckled and made our ice cream.

We sat in silence in the car ride home. I had fun I hope she did too. I parked the car in my garage we both got out and I went to drop her off to her front door. We stood there grinning at each other. I wanted to kiss her, I really did, so I went for it, I leaned in. she leaned in at first too, her face was red as hell and I found it cute. she then stopped and put her hands on my chest right before our mouths touched. "Not yet" she whispered, entering her house.

************

Hope you liked this chapter.