Chapter One

Carolina Diaz is a young, 5'2 Twenty-One-year-old with brown hair, amber eyes, and she is skinny & lean, and she loves books as she is a bit of a nerd and loves to build things from scraps of metal.

Carolina;

Her employment agent hadn't said anything about this! Sitting in the back of a military-issue vehicle between two burly men in army greens, with guns mind you, had not been a part of what the job agency told her

She'd been told it was a tight-lipped company, that very rarely did job interviews of any sort, but she hadn't been told that they would escort her from the designated interview location at her local cafe, put her into said military vehicle, blindfold her and tell her to keep quiet. This had better be one damned good career opportunity!

Blindfold still covering her eyes; she let loose a very long sigh as she tapped her fingers agitatedly on her knees. Quite subtly she tried to reach up to peek out from the blindfold, but her attempt was quickly reprimanded by the barrel of a gun snapping firmly against her knuckles in a warning.

"Location is classified. Don't try it." Came a stern, strictly militant voice to her left.

Figures...she thought glumly, returning to tapping her fingers again.

Suddenly she started breathing in deeply through her nose; severe, drawn out intakes. The inhalation of air in such a manner would no doubt have gotten the two escorts' attention because her over-dramatic breathing was the only noise in the car.

Hell, they hadn't even offered to put the radio on for her. And oh boy...the things she could do when she was bored!

"You army guys should close your legs..." she stated bluntly, "It smells like fish in here." There was a strangled noise from next to her, although whether it was from amusement or disbelief she was unable to tell through the blindfold.

"What did you just-?"

"-Can I have my M&Ms back please?" she chimed, completely moving from one topic to another. "Seeing as you guys cheated me out of my lunch interview, I'm sort of...you know...hungry."

When her she saw her employment agent next, his ass was going to be thoroughly introduced to her foot. The interview had been organized at a café.

She wasn't quite sure how it had turned into this, but as she felt the car pulling to a stop she guessed that she was about to find out what the hell was going on.

To her relief, she felt one of the soldiers, obviously the one who'd snatched her M&Ms off her in the first place when she'd tried to eat them in the vehicle, return the packet of fruit flavoured lollies into her hand.

They guided her, still blindfolded, into what she had to assume to be some sort of high security warehouse at least; that's what it sounded like.

She heard a lot of talking, the sound of army vehicles being driven and most attention grabbing, a male voice being directed at her.