Chapter Forty-Three

Owen was lying awake and he couldn't sleep as he kept seeing a mech with red eyes. Owen went outside and looked up at the sky and saw the Milky Way in full view. "Can't sleep, young prince?" Cogman asked. "No, and please call me Owen, prince, and sir is too formal for me," Owen said.

"Of course, Owen," Cogman said while he bowed gently. "What is troubling you, young Prime?" Cogman asked. "I keep seeing a mech with red eyes, and he has sharp teeth and claws...who is or was he?" Owen asked.

"Your uncle, he's my brother, he turned on our family and we burned his name from the family bond," Optimus said. "But he's my uncle." "He is and will always be your uncle but he has a dark soul," Optimus said. "Dad, why did he betray the family? There has to be a reason, Dad," Owen said.

"It's a complicated story, my son," Optimus replied with a heavy sigh. "Your uncle was once a kind and honorable mech, but he fell under the influence of dark forces that corrupted his spark. He became obsessed with power and turned against our family, willing to do whatever it took to achieve his goals. We had no choice but to banish him from our ranks and erase his name from our history."

Owen listened, his mind racing with questions and confusion. "But why did he target me? What does he want from me?" he asked. "I believe he sees you as a threat, Owen," Cogman chimed in.

"You are the rightful heir to our family legacy, and he will stop at nothing to eliminate you." Owen's heart sank at the thought of his uncle wanting to harm him. "But don't worry, my son,"

Optimus reassured him. "We will protect you and defeat him, together." Owen nodded, grateful for the support of his father and Cogman. He knew that whatever challenges may come, he had an unwavering family by his side.

Owen began training for the role of not just an Autobot leader but as a king of Cybertron. Owen was excelling and learning all he could and he was patient about the day he became the rightful ruler of his people.

Owen was training with his father and they were training with swords. Owen got pretty good at it. Owen didn't know that he was just as skilled as his father. Quintessa watched his grandson train.

"Our grandson will be a wonderful king," Quintessa said. "He's not King yet until he marries, but it will be his choice whether he wants to marry or not, Optimus has ruled while Carolina continues her normal life as she had before. She will always be Lady Prime to many of us who have met and known her." Sentinel said.

As Owen continued to train for his future role as king, he also learned the importance of being a strong leader for his people. Despite his growing skills, Owen remained humble and patient, understanding that the day of his coronation would come in due time.

He trained diligently with his father, honing his sword-fighting abilities and realizing that he was just as skilled as his father. Little did he know, his grandmother, Quintessa, was watching his progress with pride and confidence.

However, despite being the rightful heir to the throne, Owen's mother Carolina had chosen to live a normal life and not marry, making her husband Optimus the sole ruler of their people.

Even so, Carolina was still highly respected and known as Lady Prime by those who knew her. Owen was checking his weapon. "Son, you remind me so much of your mother," Optimus said.

"How?" He asked. "She used to tinker, invent, fix, and create new things out of nothing and old stuff. You have her passion in mechanics and engineering as did me and my father and your mother." Optimus said.

"Thanks, Dad," Owen said. Owen's eyes lit up as he listened to his father's words. He had always admired his mother's creativity and mechanical skills, and now it seemed he had inherited them.