Chapter 6: I'm So Sorry

Today they were all going out. It was a Saturday and the cheer squad and basketball team were going to the club. Although many of them were underage, they were college students, what did you expect? As they all got out of their respective cabs and entered the club, showing their IDs (many being fake) to the security before walking in, they were about to have the time of their lives. Aurora went straight to the drinks with Paige following while the others went to find a booth or dance. Aurora ordered a martini and Paige got 3 tequila shots, Rory knew she wanted to get wasted since no one takes shots for the taste. They made small talk while waiting for the drinks. Not about the weather but something way more interesting to those listening in.

"When are you gonna let me take you out?"

"I'm so sorry Paige"

"Why don't you let me take you out?"

"It's nothing really"

"Tell me, you can tell me anything."

"I'm scared"

"Of what?"

"Getting my heart broken again"

"I'm never going to break your heart, I promise"

"Okay."

By the end of that the drinks were ready and they walked back to their friends. Nika was the first to notice the shift in energy of the both of them, they were more tense. Not that anyone other than Nika would notice. Soon Aurora, a lightweight, was drunk enough to make her way to the dance floor. She danced with two members of the cheer squad, Alani and Josh, however, they soon got tired and walked back to the booth leaving Rory alone on the dance floor. Soon men started approaching her, she was stunning after all, but she rejected them all. Until a very insistent pair of hands grabbed her waist and refused to let go, that is until Paige Bueckers noticed the scene and stood up from her seat.

"Is he bothering you, baby?"

"Yes, actually."

"No, I was just leaving."

"Yeah, go ahead."

After he left Rory thanked the blonde for saving her and Paige said something along the lines of "anytime" Then the brunette asked Paige to dance. Paige took this as Aurora being drunk enough to make a move on her. She danced with Aurora but as the girl's eyes shifted to the blonde's lips she knew they had to stop. They couldn't kiss when Rory was barely speaking properly. So the blonde grabbed Aurora's hand and pulled her through the crowd and back to their booth. That's how Paige ended up calling a cab to take her and Aurora to Paige's dorm since Rory could barely think. Paige picked her up from the back of the cab and carried her into the basketball player's dorm. Placing her on the bed before taking a quick shower and laying on her futon so she wouldn't invade the brunette's space.

Author's Note:

Paige being respectful>>>