5

Maryam's pov:
I was feeling upset. It was my first time that  I was scolded by any teacher that too on the first day.

That one person was the only reason.

I hate him.

I am not going to talk to him anymore.

I was tired so I went to take a hot water bath.

I felt relaxed after taking a long bath and then went to the kitchen for dinner.

I completed some tasks which was given in the college. When I saw the time it was already midnight.

I kept my books inside the bag and drifted to sleep.

Next day......

By the time I reached class I saw Ayan was already sitting on my place without arguing with him I sat at the front bench which was empty. I felt someone's constant gaze on me but I didn't lift my head.

The professor came and started with his lecture soon the class was over and it was break time. I was packing my bag ready to leave when I stopped in my track when he called me.

"Maryam wait!!"
"I am sorry for yesterday's behavior, I shouldn't say those things to you"

I turned around and saw that he had a guilty expression on his face.

It was the first time when someone tried to apologize and I was a bit shocked since nobody had ever tried to initiate talking with me.

I was silent for a few minutes and then replied
"It's ok , it was my fault as well"

Ayan took a breath of relief then asked with a hopeful expression on his face, with outstretched hand
"So now can we be friends?"

Maryam was also alone she never had any friends since childhood so she accepted his friendship and smiled. Ayan too had a big smile on his face.

They both went to the canteen to have their lunch. Ayan ordered fries and coke for himself whereas Maryam ordered white sauce pasta with fruit juice.

They finished there lunch together and went to class.

"So everyone settle down. I have an important announcement for you all"

The class was silent now and everyone focused to the professor and was curious to know

"You all will be assigned for projects I will give you the topic you all will pair up with your classmates"

Maryam was paired with Ayan and the topic given to them was study on human behavior.

As it was a psychology class.

After the class Ayan asked
"When should we start this project?"

"Today I am very tired, so we will start this from tomorrow " she replied

"As you say" Ayan swang his bag on his shoulder and left the class.

Maryam too packed her things as the class was over and went home.