14

14 June,2020

Dear diary I don't know what am I doing in my life. My life has taken drastic change, everything I planned is in vain again I am trapped with those monsters.

The same foster parents who were the reason for my parents murder yet I am forced to live with them. They don't know I have already heard their conversations and I have to escape now or else they will kill me the same way.

They are forcing me to marry him but I can't. I refused to marry him and in return They decorated my skin with marks of burn and leather belt.

They have locked me here I need to escape from here.

Ya Allah rehem farmah
(Please Allah help me)

Please Allah guide me on the right path. I know the Almighty will never let me down, I trust his process.

~Maryam

Ayan's pov:

How is it possible? Without thinking twice I ran towards my car and drove towards my childhood friend Ryan. He is an inspector now, I know he could help me.

"Hello Ryan where are you?"

"Wah no Salam no dua what's the matter bro?"

"Sorry actually I want to you it's urgent are you busy right now?"

"No today is Sunday though I was planning of going for a date with my wife but it can wait. And I know I will surely get a good scolding from her for ditching her" he muttered the last part.

"Okay can we meet ?"

"Yeah sure" Ryan replied and gave him the meeting location.

Fifteen minutes later Ayan reached the place and saw him waiting for him.

"Kya yaar khud hi bula k khud hi late?" Ryan teased.

"I am sorry yaar you know the traffic here" Ayan replied.

"By the way why are you looking tensed is there any problem?" Ryan asked noticing his tensed shoulders.

"Yeah actually do you remember my classmate and bestfriend Maryam?" He asked hopefully.

Ryan squinted his eyes " Yeah I still don't like her. She was always your topic of discussion " he mocked Ayan

"Yeah...I still remember" Ayan replied with a sad smile.

"What do you want to know about her?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"She is no more and I think it was a murder" Ayan replied clenching his jaw and fisting his hands.

"What?? How are you so sure about it?" Ryan asked.

Ayan told him everything he knew about Ryan. Many expression crossed his face but it was hard to guess what was in his mind.

"Alright, I will try to dig about the case and if it is really a case of murder the criminal will get their punishment."

"I promise Maryam will get justice"

Ayan nodded his head, his eyes were red filled with rage.

"Thanks for your time. I know you are busy and..."

"Arey yaar don't embaress me I am still your best friend and will help you whenever you will need me I will be there for you" Ryan replied.

I can't be be anymore thankful to have such a friend. And now it's time Maryam I promise I won't spare them.

We both stood up and gave a tight handshake before parting our ways.