11

By the time Maryam reached home it was already 8 pm. She had already planned of escaping from the place.

When she reached home the place was eerily quiet she opened the door which made a creaking sound. The scene unfolded as her foster parents came into view.

But something seemed odd in their behavior, they seemed different. She wasn't able to point out what was it.

"Maryam as you have already completed you graduation we think it's time" She smiled clasping her hand gently.

"But you know I don't want this please give me just 2 more years" Maryam begging falling on her knees.

"I am sorry but it was already decided and you yourself gave your concent" she reminded her.

Maryan sat there helpless, she knew she doesn't have a choice now.

She closed her eyes in despair, a loan tear escape from the corner of her eyes.

She nodded her head, stood up and without waiting for their reply she ran towards her room.

She locked her door and hurriedly started packing her clothes.

Her hands were trembling, tears were flowing from her eyes continuously but she doesn't have a choice, she can't sit their waiting for her own disaster.

She had already packed all her belongings along with her parents last picture which was left.

"Why did you all leave me here suffering all alone?"

"Mumma, dad I really miss you" she gently caressed the picture of them where they all stood with a smile on their face.

Maryam kept the picture inside and was about to leave the room when her gaze fell on her dairy.

She took it along with her and opened the door. She checked the passage was clear she sneaked out the corridor and pulled the main door.

"MARYAM!!" a loud thunderous voice stopped her in her track she squeezed her eyes shut. She knew she was caught.

She freezed on her place, she could clearly her the sound of the foot steps. Everything in her was screaming to her to run away from there yet she was rooted in her place.

She was grasped by her elbow and a resonating sound of a slap was heard followed by a stinging pain on her cheeks.

"You will never be able to escape from us until we want to get rid of you" her foster mother spat on her face.

"Dare to do it again and I promise the only thing which will see the outside world would be your corpse " she threatened.