10

A man was standing infront a large board where many pictures were pinned.

He placed one more picture pinning it on the board.

A cynical smile crept on his face, his eyes gleamed with a different emotion.

Each picture was crossed and her pulled the cap of the marker with a pop and a screeching sound was heard as he crossed the picture of the girl.

"It is not fair to let you live"

"You will be joining them soon"

"I don't want to see a single gene of that family alive" his eyes held fury.

His hands trembled, he turned around and left the room murmurring something incoherent.

==================================

Third person's pov:

2 years later....

It was their final year. The last year of their college life.

A beginning of a new journey.

Everyone was excited to be graduated. They were patiently waiting for the results of their hardwork.

Dreams to be successful.

Whereas Ayan was worried about his bestfriend. The girl whom he grew more attached with in this few years.

He had already decided about his future but this time he was not excited rather he was feeling a tug in his heart for leaving her behind.

He knew about her past, the way she was treated by her foster parents.

Maryam was not aware of his feelings towards her but she felt the attachment too. She grew comfortable in his company.

She knew he had to leave he has plans for his future but she promised herself to always remember the time they spent together, to cherish their moments of friendship.

She knew her parents wouldn't let her study any further. She even planned to escape from the hell of a life she was living in.

It was the day of their graduation everyone was excited. The hall was filled with students.

The teachers called their names and gave certificates to each individuals.

A round of applause were heard for them whenever they received their certificates.

Soon Maryam and Ayan too got their certificates in their hands.

Both of them stared at each other lost in themselves, their lips curved in a beautiful smile.

Their trace broke with the teachers announcement.

"Congratulations everyone for completing your graduation "

"I wish you all a good luck for your future "

"Work hard because success needs sacrifice "

"To achieve something in life we have to give something in return"

"Life ahead won't be easy you will have your choices but you have to choose your priorities wisely "

"So that's all I wanted to say" he completed.

Everyone clapped for the motivational speech.

"What are you planning after graduation?" Ayan asked.

"Still thinking about it" Maryam smiled.

"Are you for real!!!" Ayan gasped at her carefree attitude.

"Don't overreact I am just taking break from studies and I know what I am doing " Maryam replied rolling her eyes at him.

"I will miss you psycho" Ayan pouted.

"But I won't "she smirked.

Their bickering went for a few moments until one of their classmates informed them about their urgent need for presence for a group photo.