Killer x Reader

It had been too damn dark. You couldn't see a thing.

"What the fuck, were is the moon at least?" You grumbled as you walked through the dry land of Wano.

You had gotten separated from your crew a long while ago and eventually made your way far from the guards that had been chasing you for days. After hiding out for a while, you were now able to make your way around the land however, during this time, it had been very dark.

The dull, cloudy night irritated you.

"Where am I? The last I remember was-"

*snap*

You turned around swiftly and scanned the area. There weren't much places to hide where you were currently so you were debating on looking behind the 3 large rocks scattered about.

If it were the guards, they would've shouted as they usually did before charging your way.

However, ever since then you had gotten a mask to cover your face to avoid such situations.

Your eyes darted from one rock to the other and decided against it. Maybe acting oblivious would be better than confronting.

Turning away, you continued to walk, feeling uneasy and wondering if it had been your imagination.

'If I start running, will I-' A gust of wind passed you, feeling a sudden sting on your arm.

Your body froze.

There had been someone following you.

You weren't a Kid pirate for nothing.

Turning around, you activated your devil fruit power, gray scales covering your body and eyes turning an amber color.

"What the fuck is your problem?!" A tall man with bandages all over his face and a high, fluffy yet sharp ponytail stood before you. He bared his weapons with a grin on his face.

A small gasp escaped your lips.

"Killer?" He knew that devil fruit power all too well.

"(Y/N)..." You retracted your powers and took a single step closer.

"Is that really you?" Relief washed over you as you stared into the familiar, ocean blue eyes. Quickly taking your mask off to reveal it had really been you, his body seemed to have relaxed.

"Killer, I'm so relieved." As you ran to hug him, he backed away, still grinning. You were now just a few feet from him, wondering why he didn't want to accept your affection. You had been wandering about for all of your friends and you finally found one, the one you cherished the most and he had refused to accept your act of love.

"Why are you-" He started laughing hysterically. Your heart dropped. Something must have happened, this wasn't like him at all.

"What happened to you?!" He couldn't even respond, he just kept laughing maniacally involuntarily. Eventually, tears spilled from his pained eyes as he slowly started to back away.

"Don't leave me..." When he went to turn around, you hugged him from behind and held him tightly. His body was shaking from the forced laughter and crying he was doing.

"Shh... it's okay. It'll be alright, please. Don't cry." Your head laid against the soft ruby robe he wore, closing your eyes and inhaling the same intoxicating scent you remembered from the days on the sea.

"I'm so sorry, I'm sure you've endured a lot as well." The laughter was still going but not as aggressively. His body didn't shake as much as it had been just a moment ago.

You felt comfortable to release him, slowly walking in front of him.

He didn't want to look at you but you grabbed his face and forced him to.

"I've been looking everywhere for you, Killer. I've found you. Don't leave me again, take me with you to find the others. To find the captain." His gaze pierced through you, making you feel as if he had been reading you inside and out.

He grabbed you by the back of your head gently and brought you to his chest, hugging you and practically wrapping you with the sleeves of his robe. The heat of his body and the softness  fabric made you feel warm and safe.

It had soon gotten silent and you closed your eyes, once more to try to savor the moment before anything in the near future were to get serious or dangerous. The least you wanted was to enjoy this moment, the moment you found not only a crew member but the one you loved. To enjoy his warmth and affection.

"Stay by my side, then. Let's do this together."