8

Ambers POV part two.

When Fiona asked if she can stay here until she gets back on her feet and choking on my orange juice as I was trying to clear my throat, I looked at Andrew and he looked at me. Andrew looked at Fiona and said that it wasn't possible for her to stay here. Fiona was confused and asked us why I told her that the apartment with small as it is and having three people living in a one bedroom, one bathroom apartment just isn't going to work.

But there's a big bulletin board at the park usually there's people looking for roommates, so they post posters on it I can take you after I eat breakfast! I said looking at her.

Okay! She said smiling.

So there's a thing you need to know when your someone's roommate they like their personal space so it's best if you stay out of their way! I said walking next to her.

She asked me how is she supposed to stay away from them if they're going to be living with each other I told her it's not hard that all she needs to do is go to work come home help pay half of the bills and be respectful. I told her that a lot of people who are looking for roommates in New York City or either Weird desperate or need someone to help pay their rent and we walked up to the bulletin board. There was a lot of people looking for roommates. She wasn't really paying attention because she ended up seeing a paper supposedly for an adoption fair. She asked me about it and I told her that it's just something that New York City throws every December they want people to adopt pets before Christmas so they have a home during Christmas.

I wouldn't worry about it right now Fiona I mean you don't have a place to stay look I found three people who are looking for roommates the first one is only 10 minutes away from us so let's go! I said, grabbing her hand.

Are you sure this is? The place looks a little bit ran down! She said looking at an apartment building.

Yep.. this is the place maybe it's better on the inside! I said smiling.

When we went inside, I realized I was wrong. It was way worse on the inside, and the outside starters the elevator was out of order so people were taking the stairs then it's not like cigarettes, and there was cracks in the floor as we went up the stairs, I was telling her that may be the person who she's going to be renting with a super nice when we knocked on the door we heard a loud noises  coming from inside followed by a person unlocking a bunch of locks, an old woman who looked like she was about in her 50s open the door. She had a cigarette hanging out of her mouth and told us that we better have a good reason why were sitting at her front door. I explained to her that my friend was looking for a place to stay, and we found that she was looking for a roommate. She smiled blue cigarette smoke in our face, and said yes, when she invited us and it was a little bit dirty.

so if you don't mind me, asking, how much rent is my friend going to be paying? I said looking around.

Well the landlord charges me $1200 to stay at this apartment but I'm a need her to pay about $800 a month! She said sitting on the couch.

That is not correct If your apartment is $1200 a month that I should be only paying $600 a month why did you add an extra $200! Fiona said looking at the woman up and down.

Well aren't you a smart ass for your information that $200 helps me cover my shopping including feeding my three kids! She said lighting another cigarette.

When she mentioned that she had kids, I took out the paper and told her that this paper didn't say she has kids it simply says 50 year old woman, looking for a roommate lives in a three bedroom, two bathroom apartment  works at 9 to 5 at the dance studio she looked at me and said that she doesn't put that she has kids on the bulletin board because she doesn't want people to freak out. I sat down in front of her and asked her how old her kids were. She said that one of them was six and the other ones were 15 I was confused and ask her if she lives in a three bedroom apartment and where exactly does her kids sleep She blew cigarette smoke in my face and said that her three kids share a room and her dad has the other room.

I started listing all the pros and cons. The first pro is at least Fiona has a roof over her head but one of the cons was she was going to be living with five other people so she's going to be feeling claustrophobic nicely, told the woman that we would give her a call if we are interested after we left I told Fiona but it's best if we keep looking we made it to the other place It was a nice studio unfortunately that didn't work out either because the guy was a super Germer phobic, and Fiona said she wouldn't feel comfortable living with him because she had to watch everything that she did I didn't have time to go to the next place with her so I gave her the address and told her to go by herself. I explain to her that she can use my bus pass to get her across town and told her that she needs to be careful. I explain to her that after she gets done go back to this side of town to see if she got a job at that clothing store then after she's done with that she can go to my job and we would have lunch together.