Chapter 3- Say you'll be my darling

After a whole year of dating they had accomplished many different things for example meeting each others parents.

Adam first met barbaras mom. Barbaras dad had passed away but they still spoke about him as if he were there. Barbaras three other sibling- the twin girls and Barbaras baby brother- had joined them for dinner as well. Barbaras mum was really sweet, so much like Barbara. They were quite similar in many ways.

Whereas, when they went to Adams side it was quite different. Adams dad wasn't very welcoming towards Barbara  and his mum thought she was a bad influence. Adams siblings hadn't joined this dinner sadly, since they were actually nice but barbara met them later on. Adam eventually had enough of this verbal abuse from both of his parents, which lead him to storm out with Barbara early from the dinner.

Also, they had celebrated their birthdays together. Barbaras was at the beginning of the new year and Adams was towards he middle.

For Barbara, Adam arranged an Italian restaurant, with lots of red wine tasting included. They were tipsy but had a great night. They even went dancing after the restaurant and sat up on a hill under the full moon and glittering stars. They spent the night there and had fallen asleep in eachother arms.

For Adam's birthday, barbara had arranged a tour around the towns history museum, which Adam loved. They then went back to Barbaras house where they spent the night watching their favourite movie, dirty dancing. This was so perfect, Adam loved the simplicity and Barbara was happy that she'd achieved her goals for his birthday.

After both Adam and Barbaras birthdays, Adam had chosen to propose to Barbara.
He'd been planning and working on everything since barbaras birthday, they just new this was all meant to be. He's picked a perfect Simple  ring, the ring was classy but small, like her. Adam had been paying attention to what rings she likes for months and had even stolen one of her rings to get the size right.

Finally the day was here. He started the day with taking Barbara to a french cafe, which she adored. Then he took her shopping and treated her to a new dress and shoes. Then went home briefly to change, then they went on a small private boat ride along the lake  where they had some champagne. Finally he took her to a beautiful grassy field filled with flowers where he began speaking and eventually got down on one knee.

"Barbara, will you marry me?" He asked nervously smiling.

She gasped and began crying, she nodded not even having looked at the ring yet. "Yes!"Barbara practically jumped at Adam, causing them both to fall onto the grass. They stayed hugging and giggling for a moment, before sitting back up.

"Don't you want the ring?" He asked smiling at her, as he wiped her tears away gently with his thumb. She nodded and sniffled. He gently took her left hand and put the ring on her ring finger.

"Oh, it's so perfect. I love it and I love you." She cried and gently kissed him.

"I love you too barbara.." he kissed her back.