Chapter 7- if I had the chance I'd never let you go.

TW/ death

The next couple of months had been difficult for the couple. Barbara and Adam hadn't  really spoke about the loss. But they did find a way to help them cope. They had a new little plant, which is where they decided to put the ashes of their little angel. As the plant grew it was like Mia was growing and it also meant they had to take care of the plant like they would have if the baby was alive. On a little sign-that Adam had made- it said 'To our little Angel, Mia Maitland. Mommy and daddy love you so much.'

The couple were so scared of life now. Barbara rarely drank, and if she did it was only wine. The two became invested in making a ten year plan along with taking lots of adult recreational classes.

After a while the two did try for another baby but it ended in an early miscarriage. This lead Barbara to distracting herself with pottery and gardening and Adam into more wood work.

Recently, Barbara had to sing at the school she was working at. The song she chose was 'Be My Baby'. It was the Maitlands favourite song throughout everything that had happened in their life and their favourite movie was dirty dancing. Singing this made her feel a lot better about everything, so it also became a good way to cope.