5

In the serene living room, the switched-on TV emits a slow, soothing voice, complemented by the comfort of familiar scents, creating an atmosphere of calm where every detail contributes to a tranquil and inviting space.

There's Dunk and his mom sitting on the comfortable couch, sipping tea. His dad currently were outsation for work and his little sister spending her night at her friend's.

"Dunk, how have you been feeling lately?" Ask mom with gentle smile on her face,putting her cup down. Wanting to know the update of her only son.

Dunk sighs under his breath.

"Mom, you know how it is. Some days are better than others."

"Have you told your friends about your health?"

Dunk avoided eye contact.

"No, Mom. I don't want them to worry."

"Dunk, your friends care about you. Keeping this from them only adds to their worries." Coo his mom gently with sweet voice.

"I don't want them treating me differently because I'm sick. I want things to be normal."

"They care about you because they value you as a person, not just because of your health. Keeping them in the dark won't protect them or you."

Dunk looks down, wrestling with his emotions.

"I just...I don't want them to be burdened by my problems." Said Dunk with heavy feelings in his heart.

"Sweetheart, your friends love you for who you are. Keeping this secret only isolates you from the support you need."

Dunk's expression softens as he looks at his mom.

"I know, Mom, but...it's hard."

This makes her heart sank. She knows her son struggle so much this past few month. Struggling with his health, his works and school really shows that he have a tough time. She then hug her only son and slowly caressed his hair.

"I understand, but you're not alone. Let your friends be there for you. It's what friendship is about - sharing both joys and burdens."

Dunk can't help it but dropped his tears. He really did't want to tell his friends, especially Joong. He hates the idea of seeing Joong's face when he know the truth. The sympatic expression will makes him feel pathetic. He then snuggle more into mom's embrace, finding peace and and comfort under his mom's presence.