11

They continued their walk, and Joong's words lingered in the air, resonating with Dunk's deepest desires. Joong squeezed his hand gently and added, "I want to spend a lot more time together, you know? For a long time."

Dunk's smile, initially broad and bright, slowly began to fade as the reality of his situation settled back in. The joy in his eyes dimmed slightly, though he still kept the smile on his face, trying to maintain the facade of happiness for Joong's sake. He looked down at their intertwined hands, the weight of his secret pressing heavily on his heart.

"I hope so too," Dunk said softly, his voice tinged with a bittersweet undertone. He knew that their time together was precious, but it was also limited. His illness was a shadow that loomed over every moment, a reminder of the uncertain future that lay ahead.

Joong, sensing a shift in Dunk's mood, stopped walking and turned to face him. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked, his eyes filled with concern.

Dunk forced himself to look up, meeting Joong's gaze. He nodded, his smile still lingering but now more subdued.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just... thinking about how lucky I am to have you," he said, trying to keep his voice steady.

Joong's expression softened, and he pulled Dunk into a gentle hug. "I'm the lucky one," he murmured into Dunk's ear, holding him close. "I wouldn't trade this for anything."

As Joong held him, Dunk's eyes welled up with unshed tears. He rested his head on Joong's shoulder, savoring the warmth and comfort of the embrace. He wished he could freeze this moment in time, to hold on to the happiness and push away the looming fear of his illness.

"I wish we could stay like this forever," Dunk whispered, his voice barely audible.

Joong tightened his hold, his heart aching with a tenderness he couldn't fully express. "We will, for as long as we can, I promise." unaware of the full extent of Dunk's struggle.

Dunk pulled back slightly, wiping his eyes quickly before Joong could see the tears. He forced a more genuine smile, determined to make the most of their time together.

"Let's keep walking," he said, his voice steadier now. "I don't want this night to end just yet."

Joong smiled back, relieved to see Dunk's spirits lifting again. "Neither do I," he said, taking Dunk's hand once more as they continued their walk along the beach, cherishing every precious moment they had together