Chapter 25- The Last one Awake

(Title taken from "Take Care of Yourself" by Maisie Peters. Yes she is my favourite singer, lol)

------------------------------------------------------

Shelby's POV (Time skip - 1 week later - May 29th)

Origin: Shadow Crawler

Dear Diary,

It's been a week now since Scott died. He still hasn't respawned... I'm really worried. I've been having panic attacks multiple times over the past few days because I'm so worried.

I haven't spoken to the others really. I spoke briefly to Jimmy because he was passing by the other night, but aside from him, I'm honestly too scared to talk to anybody else right now. Jimmy doesn't seem to be scared of me, so I'm guessing Meghan and Sausage haven't told him.

I'll be honest, I'm surprised if so, because from what I've gathered in my time in this world, Meghan cannot keep her mouth shut. How do you think I got into this mess in the first place?

Jimmy did ask me why I left Gem and fWhip's party like that. All I said was that I just decided to go home. He was probably confused on how I got home myself, considering it was still early in the morning when I left. Little does he know that a skeleton and a bat guided me home at night, because I somehow slept the whole day. That doesn't happen normally.

Joey did message me the other day to say that he'll try and find time to come and visit me this week. I'm not sure if i'm excited or not, because it's been a few weeks since I last saw him; a few days before I took Mika's soul.

Speaking of Mika, I've been thinking about going to see if her body is still there, but i'm worried. I'm not exactly keen on the idea of looking at decomposed body. I guess I'm more just... curious, since i'm pretty sure our bodies are meant to disappear after death, but Mika's didn't, which is strange.

But anyway, I kind of stopped progress on building the underground night crawler base. I don't see much point in doing much on it at the moment, until I can find somebody who would be willing to spread darkness with me. I suppose I should ask Callum since he is a phantom, but I don't think he will want to.

Oh and also, one of Scott's butterflies have seemingly left my greenhouse. There's only 2 in here now; Bailey and Delilah. None of the butterflies come to my garden anymore, aside from Bailey and Delilah. I hope they're okay.

Bailey and Delilah still look a little weakened, but more so now since Scott died. I wonder if it's connected...

They don't really talk to me. They spend most of their time outside in the garden.

Oh, and yeah, the bats. I've seen a few of them around, mostly at night time. I don't know why, because bats never showed up around here before. This is a recent thing. They seem relitively friendly. They mostly hide in the trees around my greenhouse, and then fly off somewhere before sunrise.

Anyway, I'm gonna go.

-Shelby Grace.

-----------------------------------------

The rain drums loudly against the roof of my greenhouse as I lay in my hammock. It's been storming most of today so far. Bailey and Delilah are perched on one of the support beams of my house, seemingly also watching the rain. The wind has been relatively strong, but not strong enough to break any branches from my trees. Just a few twigs, but that's about it. And the leaves, of course.

I've mostly been reading that book 'Child of Light', that Gem gave me. It's quite interesting. It tells the story of a girl called Aurora who got transported to a world called Roselya, a long lost kingdom, and she's on a mission to bring light back to Roselya, by fighting these dark creatures.