Chapter 31- Bitter and Twisted and Broken and Petty and Lying

(Title taken from "I'm Trying (Not Friends)" by Maisie Peters)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shelby's POV (Time skip - 8am - July 14th)

Origin: Shadow Crawler

Dear Diary,

Morning. Scott just left, since he has plans for today. He mentioned he was going to be building a mini village nearby his base, that way he can do trading of his own without constantly having to go all of the way out to Gem's.

Besides, at this point, I don't think it would go well for either Scott or Gem if Scott did try to trade with Gem, especially now that he killed her.

He told me that i'm free to trade with his villagers whenever I want. I do want to put some new enchantments on my weapons, so that'll be handy.

But anyway, we spent a lot of last night watching the stars. We've also figured out that Scott hasn't been having those nightmares that i've apparently been giving everybody. Well, since he was reborn as a Vampire. We think it has something to do with him being a night dweller like me, but we thought maybe that would also apply to Sausage. But perhaps not. He's not exactly an overworld dweller though, so I suppose it makes sense. Wither's are from the Nether. Not the overworld.

Apparently Lauren and Joel died? I think they respawned a couple hours ago. Not sure what they are yet, but Joel was raving in the group chat about how 'tall' he is, so I'm not really sure what he's trying to tell us. I mean, I suppose maybe he could be the Giant origin. Maybe.

Lauren, I have no idea what she is yet. She spoke in the chat to say that she respawned, but she never said what she is. So I guess we'll see what she is at the party? Maybe. If she does end up going. I don't see why she wouldn't, but you never know.

Anyway, I'm going to go for a nap in the secret base. Or, try to at least. I've brought my stuffed wolf and a music box down with me, just in case I need them. It's pretty hard to sleep during the day. Maybe I just need that extra shade. Light can still kind of travel through the tinted glass, so that is probably a reason as to why I can't sleep well during the day.

Night time, I can't remember if I tried to or not. I don't exactly want to sleep during the night though, considering it's the only time it's safe to leave my greenhouse without being weak and blind and... pretty useless...

Well, good... morning? I guess? I don't know.

-Shelby Grace.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Well..." I breathe while sitting my diary away on the shelf above the fireplace. I have the door shut tight. My night vision is active so I can look around and make sure no tiny spiders have crept their way in here.

Somehow, the tiny spiders are just as terrifying as the monster spiders; the big ones that are half the height of me. I don't see any though, so that's good.

I may as well just call it a... day? I suppose.

Lying down, I let out a small yawn, and I lay there for a while, just trying to fall asleep, before finally, sleep takes me away into a memory.

---------------------------------------------

(10 years old)

"Oh my gosh, this is going to be a disaster!!" Ari cries as she paces back and forth in her room. Marley, mama and I have been trying to calm her down for the last 20 minutes. She has a date tonight and she's panicking over every little detail.