Arc 1, Chapter 6: Blown Away.

//TW\\

FAMILY DISFUNCTION

IMPLIED ABUSE

---

Test Tube paced the room, in shock. She had not been sure on what to believe... Whether the energy reader was simply malfunctioning... or... The disgusting amount of raw energy had been directly coming from the young boy in front of her. To test this sort of thing she'd need an entire facility much bigger than her lab.

Test Tube stopped and threw her arms out in a confused panic, "W-we need to call- Someone! I don't know who... B-but SOMEONE!!!" Test Tube yelled. Looking in her bag for a phone, she dug around within it. Desperately searching for her mobile device.

OJ nodded in agreement to... Probably call the police. Or a hospital. He looked for his own phone. Anything to have made this mess not his, or the hotel's problem.

Paper quickly spun around and grabbed OJ's shoulder. OJ yelped as Paper shook him with a panicked look in his eyes, "OJ!! Will you stop to THINK for half a second?!" Paper fumed. "You call the cops and he's DONE! They'll dissect him or something!!!" Paper pulled him back into the room, his voice laced with paternal panic.

OJ made a grumble of annoyance. And face palmed, his gaze annoyed, yet, eyes closed. "What ELSE do we do?!" He mumbled beneath his breath in an attempt to hide his annoyed tone.

Test Tube quickly cut in, stepping towards the two men with furrowed brows, a concern for the safety of those around. "There's nothing else we can do! He might NEED to be contained! My device wouldn't just explode for no reason! A-and if what it's saying is true then..." Test Tube paused and mumbled a few things... "BALLOON MIGHT ASWELL BE STRONGER THAN A WORLD ENDING NUCLEAR WEAPON! A mass extinction event could be sitting RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!!!" Test Tube ranted, as she the continued to pace back and forth. Muttering ramblings as if she was spiralling into insanity.

Paper stammered as he tried to respond to such a claim, "What?!" Paper flinched, he paused and shook his head in disbelief, "You mean he's a walking bomb?! N-no! That's not-That's just not possible! He's just a kid-h-he wouldn't..." Paper pointed to Balloon, who was cowering against his bedside table. Looking between OJ and Paper, and Test Tube.

"He is both, now. Paper, this ain't something you can just wish away. We need to get someone to come help us..." OJ explained, he put his hands on his hips and opened his eyes. They landed on Paper first. Then intimidatingly on Balloon. Who frowned.

Test Tube took a deep breath, a crazed manic laugh followed which as she panicked to provide herself an explanation, and solution. "At this point, if we leave him like this, we're asking for the world to end! If it's a number that doesn't exist than hypothetically it's an infinite amount... but infinity surely can't exist all at once?! S-so maybe it's a number rising so fast it's outside our reality entirely! That means if the energy was converted into a hypothetical object, it would be larger than our infinite universe, which is constantly and consistently expanding-?! HOW CAN SOMETHING BE BIGGER THAN SOMETHING WITH NO END-?!" Test Tube rambled, only for Nickel to scream shortly after.

"-WILL YOU GUYS SHUT UP?!" Nickel seethed, a look of anger on his face as he did so. His head darted from the two parties, then looking back to Balloon with angered concern.

Everyone ceased their panic and looked at him. A few beats of silence kept the room quiet for a moment.

"You're scaring him..." Nickel muttered. He frowned as he pointed at Balloon. "Wouldn't be a bad idea to... I don't know... Terrorize him enough to hypothetically trigger this 'bomb' you all are so worried about?!" He huffed, his breath that followed shaky, as if he'd been nervous to speak up.