-The Crown Falls-

———

The silent drifting of the stars was calming to the eye as a woman rested soundly in the air. Her Devine form never once daring to touch the earth below, as if they were never meant to meet to begin with.

She sighed softly, feeling the light wind against the energy of her being. She sensed the arrival of the ones from the other side, and allowed pieces of her power leave her and travel to those who entered this land. They would face hardships to bring glory to her death. And the true power they will soon hold is still yet to come.

Her death was nearing. And she would soon fall at the hand of calamity itself, but she had long accepted that.

Fight on young soldiers.

Fight on.

———

As the hatred of all things approached the portal with malice in his eyes. He took a moment to take in the girl who was crying at its gates. He chuckled and stepped towards her, an army of shadow beasts behind him.

"Why do you stand alone?" He asked with a sadistic grin of benevolence and disdain.

"Th-they... left me! THEY LEFT ME HERE!" She pounded on the force field that kept her and her beloved sibling apart as she cried. Not even caring to fear the embodiment of wrath and shadow behind her.

The man saw weakness in her despair and desperate cries. He walked beside her and crouched down to the girl who was on her knees with sorrow.

"Perhaps I can help?" He sneered. "You'll see her again..."

"But it'll cost you..."

———