04.5

Mello groaned as he followed Quinn to her room. It wasn't carrying the books that bothered him, but the fact that all of this time escorting her could be used to study.

Studying.

Oh, how he wished to get better grades than Near. He's the only thing stopping Mello from being at the top. The only thing in the way of becoming the next L.

But did he want to be like L? Or was this all to get better than Near at something?

"Mello! Hello? We're here. Just put my books on the table," Quinn waved her hand in his face.

He stacked the books onto her desk, reading the title of the first one: Shower Thoughts: The Solution to Ending Boredom. What a strange story. What was Quinn reading these for? Mello rolled his eyes at her immaturity. Does she ever take the curriculum seriously?

She opened up one of her textbooks, flipping the pages. He took this as a chance to leave, and walked out the door.

Quinn raised a brow at his dismissive behavior. "Want to hear the craziest shower thoughts in my book?" She grinned. He always seemed so uptight, needed something lighthearted to think about.

Mello stopped in his place. She decided to read out a few.

"Does a straw have one hole or two?"

"Nothing is on fire. Fire is on things."

"If soap falls on the ground, is the floor clean or the soap dirty?"

"Why is the word 'building' in present tense once the construction is complete?"

He stared at her with a confused look on his face, deep in thought.

Mission accomplished.