10

Four years later

Quinn shuffled through her old closet, throwing essential items into her suitcase. As she picked up another set of clothes, something shiny caught her attention, and she put them down.

"What's this?"

She unfolded the crinkled aluminum, the metal shimmering like a mirror. Quinn couldn't remember where the piece came from, she hadn't eaten any chocolate lately. On the wrapper was a suspicious note.

January 12, 2003
There's something I've wanted to tell you for a while now. I'm sorry I didn't say anything before, I didn't know I was leaving so soon.

Quinn could already guess who it was from. "As if!" She huffed at Mello's note. "If he really was sorry, he would've said something about it before!" He didn't even need to leave the orphanage, but he forced the idea of replacing L upon himself and ran away. She thought in annoyance.

A subtle knock on the door caught her attention, Quinn's head turning from the metallic wrapper to her wooden door. "You can come in," she said, quickly hiding the note in one of her pockets. She fidgeted with the hem of her skirt nervously.

Near peeked through the door, holding a model robot. "Hello."

"Is it time to go already?" The brown-haired girl stuffed her last shirt in her suitcase, zipping it closed dramatically.

"Yes," Near said curtly. He fidgeted with his white curls, leading the way with Quinn in tow. "Have you already decided what you will be doing?"

Although there were many occupations she had hoped to be once she was of age, Quinn hadn't thought much of it until a few days ago. She knew she was leaving soon, but not so soon.

"I would like to be a spy, maybe I'll even get into the FBI one day," she responded calmly.

It was not a secret that Quinn adored fashion. Her love for eccentricity in her outfits was not something people ignored. She was great at crafting and sewing, so she hoped to express it through her job with costumes.

Even if she didn't have a care for detective work, she was still a child of Wammy's House.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚༺☆༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Quinn slowly got used to her job, locating and stalking targets. She did not like the idea of taking someone's life, but she knew she had to do it if necessary.

"What!?" Quinn exclaimed as she slammed the desk in surprise.

She angrily argued with her boss. She thought worriedly, Isn't Mello investigating Kira there?

Her complaints fell to deaf ears, and she was shooed away to her latest mission. There was nothing she could do to oppose her order. Rather than worrying, Quinn tried to reassure herself. "No way he would be there..." she laughed nervously. "I haven't seen him in years, anyway! He probably won't even recognize me!"