05

Quinn looked through the glass window, the scenery flashing across as the train rolled past the station. Every few months, Watari would bring them all on a shopping trip in the city. She knew that he was always busy, so she appreciated them greatly.

Linda spoke with Matt next to Quinn, the inaudible chatter of other orphans keeping the train car lively. Mello bit on a chocolate bar, listening to their conversation.

With a loud screech, the train came to a stop, and everyone quieted down to leave. Quinn grabbed her crutches, with Linda in tow. Mello looked at the two curiously.

"Remember, we're not allowed to tell anyone about ourselves."

The two only dumbly nodded at his statement, as if they weren't listening in the first place.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚༺☆༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚

They looked around the plaza, the lights from the stores glowing. One in particular caught Quinn's attention: an old bookstore.

Linda and Matt went to an art store, the former pulling the latter along with her as she giggled. Mello followed Quinn, carrying a satchel to hold their items.

The door creaked open, catching the owner's attention. She smiled warmly as Quinn walked through the aisles. Her eyes met with the spine of an old book. Even through the dust, she saw the glimmering detail on it. When she reached up to grab it, her hands barely hit the bottom. She still couldn't jump up to get it, her arms holding tightly on her crutches.

Mello pulled out the book. "Here," he said, handing it to her with ease. "The perks of being tall, huh?"she sighed in frustration.

'Apricity, by Allison Blythe' the title read, golden letters shining across the sky blue cover. Quinn flipped through the pages. What an interesting word.

"I remember when the author came to give that book to me. She looked so distressed. In fact, you look quite like her. I could never miss those emerald green eyes," the owner organized the other books.

Quinn smiled. "How much is this one?"

The old lady insisted that she took it for free, and Mello dragged her to a candy store for their next purchase.

"Dark chocolate, mint chocolate, white chocolate...?" Quinn looked at him in a deadpan expression. "I've never seen you eat any of these."

"If it's chocolate, I'm getting it. We never know when we're coming here again," He rolled his eyes as he stuffed more in his bag.

She looked as if she was in deep thought, as if she was taking his words into consideration. "Then...let's go to another store. The art one that Linda and Matt are in."