Chapter 6: Water Gun Fight

The Atlantic Ocean

Beach Bazooka

Wednesday

1330 Hours

Erica's POV

I have to hide my feelings. I mean, I don't like Ben at all. Lets just finish this war.

I started towards the tree line as that's where they ran, I started climbing the trees to get a aerial view. Then I saw the flag and them. I was just about to initiate the plan when I heard them talking about me. "Erica is definitely into Ben you know, I don't know how you don't see it" Zoe was saying. I immediately filled with rage that she would tell people that. Then I heard something interesting. "I do, I just like staying alive and not taunting anyone, it looks you got quite a beating" Mike said. "Yeah, Erica is like that sometimes." "Well, Ben told me that he is going to try to get together with her this week." "Dang, I thought he was never going to try" Zoe said almost angry. I heard enough so I started my assault. It worked perfectly, Mike went off running to Ben and Zoe started firing at me. I managed to doge all her shots and grab her flag. I started running towards Ben not knowing how to feel.

Ben's POV

After having a while by myself to think, I am going to talk to her tonight. I was zoning out thinking of all the bad possibilities when I got Mike's bait. I pretended to not hear it to buy Erica more time. I heard it again and pretended to become interested. I then see Erica with a thumbs up as she slips behind some rocks. I go over running towards  Mike, just before he shoots me, I roll behind cover and hear Erica shoot him with a barrage of water. "Good job" I say. "Thanks" Erica said dully. I wondered if I did something, but knowing her, she's just going back to her cold state after what happened.

"Let's get back to the base and w-" I was saying before Zoe threw a water grenade at us. This surprised Erica and I so much that we didn't move. We didn't know those even existed! We both were out and had to run back to our base so we can prevent Zoe from getting our flag. When we got there, I told Erica I was getting another gun from the box and I would be back soon.

Erica's POV

I just wanted to go back to the hut so I could process my emotions, but leaving in the middle of the game would be suspicious so I pushed through. I ran at Zoe as fast as I could and pinned her to the ground. "How could you say that to Mike." I was furious now, why can't she just shut up about me and Ben. "What do you mean" Zoe said trying not to let on she was lying, obviously nervous. "Forget it" I hissed, "but if you do it again I will hurt you." Zoe stood up to leave but I swept her feet out from under her just so she got the point. "I'll also be taking my flag back." I started back toward our base when Mike comes from behind me and takes it. "No you won't" Mike said. We were about to lose as his base was only 30 feet away. I tried to shoot him but my water in my guns had run out. Just as Mike was about to win, Ben appeared with a WATER RPG! I don't even know how they could make those but they did. He fired it right before Mike got to the base and exploded Zoe and Mike, Zoe just got back to the base as it exploded. Ben grabbed the flag and pulled me away into the trees. I was flustered. We were standing face to face, blushing. "Um... lets get back to the base" Ben said before things got awkward. We eventually got to the base and won. Every thing afterword was a blur because I just wanted to get in bed. When I finally got there I realized I was still wet and had to take a shower. Before I could go in, Zoe sees what I am about to do and runs in instead. Today has been a heck of a day.