Breaking and Entering

It wasn't a surprise that Elijah was at Quinn's apartment yet again. He was going to have dinner with his friends. His girlfriend was in her bedroom and he would be going to her afterward. Anika was watching TV. Patrick and Ethan had Econ and Oliver couldn't make it because he had Physics.

"I think you should get out of the city. You should take Gabby with you too, of course. You know, considering what happened to you two last time. I wouldn't blame you, if you guys wanted to go." Gabrielle heard Tara talking to her boyfriend while she helped Mindy set the table. She got suspicious why Tara was talking to him like that and she even got a little jealous.

"That's very thoughtful of you, but um, I don't think we're going anywhere." Chad replied, smiling at her.

"Looks like Tara is making a move on your man, Gabs." Mindy teased to her. Gabrielle had to laugh, but deep down, she wondered if Mindy was right. She knew that Tara did like Chad before.

"Mindy, that is so inappropriate," Chad scolded her. "We're just talking."

"Oh, whatever." Mindy gave up by throwing her hands to their air. She was only kidding around.

"I know, Chad." Gabrielle had to believe him, but couldn't help to have doubts.

She followed Mindy into the kitchen with the others who helped cook dinner.

"Sam?" Mindy called for her.

"Yeah?" Sam entered the kitchen.

"We do not have to stay here." She told her.

"Well, too bad, I insist. Safety in numbers." Sam grabbed a bottle of wine from the top of the fridge.

"This will be so fun, a little slumber party with The Great Eight." Chad said excitedly, grinning.

"The Great Eight?" Naomi raised an eyebrow.

"The name is a work in progress."

"God, I hope so." Gabrielle teased, smirking.

"Did you just give us a nickname?" Tara asked, unsure if she likes it.

"I sure did! I mean, we've been through a lot together and it's a pretty cool nickname." Chad said.

"Says who?" Elijah retorted.

"Says me." He pointed at himself.

"That's debatable." Sam commented.

"Extremely debatable." Tara agreed.

"You can't just give yourself a nickname, dingus." Mindy told him.

"Oh, of course I can, dingus, because I just did. The Great Eight, up top!" Chad exclaimed proudly, holding his right hand for his twin sister.

"No." Mindy said.

"Down low!" He had his hand low for Tara.

"Get that away from me." She shook her head.

"Please, for the love of God!" Chad waited for Sam to high five him which she laughed and shook her head.

"Please, you're my girlfriend." He begged of Gabrielle, turning to her.

"Oh, so you're using the girlfriend card, huh?" She asked in amusement. She wanted to turn him down for fun. "In that case, no."

"My man, Eli!" He had his hand out to him.

"I'm not going to touch that." Eli rejected as a smile was coming on his face.

"Come on, girls!" He turned to Naomi and Lucy. "Feel free to slap me!"

"Oh, there's some days I want to slap you, alright." Naomi joked, making the others laugh.