Dive In

As they enter the area surrounding the lake, they suddenly have more swim appropriate clothes on. They look a bit startled, but get used to it quickly.

Ragatha grins, grabbing Jax by the arm and diving in, pulling him with her. She resurfaces, laughing while Jax spits water at her. "Hey! Watch it, lady!"

Ragatha splashed water at him, and they did that back and forth for a bit. Pomni gets in the water too. Gangle finds a pool tube designed to look like a flamingo and floats around on it. Zooble and Kinger relax on beach chairs.

Ragatha ducks under the water, swimming toward the structure in the middle of the lake. Jax follows her as she climbs up the ladder.

By the time they get to the top, their arms are sore. Ragatha reaches for the slide before Jax jumps headfirst into it, sliding down quickly.

Ragatha follows him, landing in the lake with a big splash. She leaves the water, waving to Zooble and Kinger. "Hey! Why don't you guys get in the water?"

Zooble raises their limbs. "I do not think I would be able to swim."

Kinger nods. "You guys are the only ones that have normal limbs."

Ragatha grits her teeth. "Right. I forgot about that. Well, I'm joining you guys."

Ragatha lays on a chair near them, putting on sunglasses that appeared on a table next to her. "I completely forgot what it was like to have a beach day. Now I'm glad that Caine gave us the day off!"

Zooble shrugs. "It's fine, I guess. But what did Caine see that was so scarring?"

Ragatha replied curiously. "I don't know. Maybe it was something from the dark web? I doubt Caine would be able to find something like that easily."

Zooble closed their eyes, soaking in the sun. "It doesn't really matter."

Jax walks over to Ragatha, holding something. She lifts her sunglasses, and Jax splashes a bucket of water onto her.

She stands up quickly. "JAX!"

Jax snickers and runs away.

Ragatha rolls her eyes and sets the sunglasses down, walking toward Pomni.

Pomni found some pool noodles, and throws one at Ragatha. Ragatha catches it swiftly. "Whatcha up to?"

Pomni holds two pool noodles, seemingly deciding between the two. "Finding the best one to whack people with."

Ragatha sat down on the edge of the lake. "Pomni! That's not nice!"

Pomni giggled, bonking Ragatha on the head with one of the pool noodles. "It doesn't hurt! They'll be fine!"

Ragatha sighs. "You're taking influence from Jax, oh no.."

Pomni nods. "He's like a cool dad that teaches me pranks."

Ragatha laughs. "That's one way to describe him."

Pomni points at Ragatha. "And you're my over-protective mom who gets mad at him for it."

Ragatha nods. "That tracks. I guess I am like a mother sometimes."

Pomni grins. "You two work so well together, you guys should just.."

Pomni makes kissy motions with her hands, and Ragatha whacks her hands with the pool noodle. "Pomni! You bugger!"

Pomni giggles, holding her hands up. "Okay! Okay! Sorry! Hehe.."

Gangle peacefully floats by on her flamingo. "Hiii. How's the water?"

Pomni waves. "Fine! Want a pool noodle?"

Gangle shakes her head. "No. It's probably wet."

Ragatha spots something under Gangle's float while Pomni and her are talking. It slowly starts moving up..

Ragatha tries to warn Gangle before it's too late. "Gangle, watch out-"

SPLASH!

Gangle's float is turned upside down, and Gangle slowly sinks to the bottom of the lake with the weight of her mask.

Ragatha dives under to catch her and bring her to the surface. She lays Gangle outside of the water, and Kinger throws her a towel.

She turns back to the scene of the crime when prompted by noises. Pomni is hitting Jax on the head with a pool noodle angrily. "You meanie!"

Jax blocks his head, trying to swim away without his arms. "Ow! Ow, okay! Sorry! Little fun police."

Jax turns his head to see Ragatha standing with her arms crossed, glaring at him. His ears droop backwards. "...And big fun police."

Ragatha slowly made her way towards Jax. "Why would you do that? Yknow, you're lucky her mask didn't break, or I'd be on a whole other level!"

Jax steps backwards. "It was just a fun prank! I didn't mean any real harm."

Ragatha took a deep breath, walking back. "Fine. Just don't do that again."

Jax nods. "Yes ma'am..."

Ragatha wraps the towel around Gangle. "You okay?"

Gangle coughs a bit, nodding. "Yeah. Just wet.."

Ragatha swims away. "Let's get you a different float."

Pomni bonks Jax on the head again. Jax slaps it away. "I said I was sorry, kid!"

Pomni puts her hands on her hips, trying to seem intimidating. Jax rolls his eyes.

Ragatha comes back with a plain float, checking on Gangle. "Are you good to get back on the water?"

Gangle shakes her head, shivering. "Not yet."

Ragatha lets go of the float slowly. "I'm gonna leave this here for when you're ready. Sorry about that."

Ragatha swims off, dragging Pomni and Jax away with her. They relocate to another edge of the pool, one more in the sun.

Ragatha sighs. "And I thought you were getting better about that."

Jax shoots back defensively. "Am I not allowed to pick fun sometimes?"

Ragatha lays back on the shore. "Not if it harms people!"

Jax gestures to Gangle, who is now slowly getting back onto her float. "Is she harmed?"

Ragatha glared at him. "She could have been! The only reason she wasn't is that I was here to help her. She could have drowned, for god's sake."

Jax rolls his eyes. "You can't drown here."

Ragatha raises her voice a bit, and Pomni flinches. "Either way!"

They sit in silence for a bit. Ragatha stands up. "We should start heading back to the tent."

Pomni stands up too. "See? Like I said, you tw-"

Ragatha throws a pool noodle at Pomni.