Waiting

Turtle was moping around in his cave for the third day in a row after he told Kinkajou he loved her. He sat there in his empty cave in silence when someone walked in. He turned around and saw Kinkajou.

"Hi" he said nervously.

"Can we talk" she said.

" Sure" said Turtle.

" Well I thought about what you said and" Kinkajou said. Turtle didn't need to hear the end, his heart tensed up and his chest hurt, then suddenly. Kinkajou kissed him. His eyes popped open and he was blinded by Kinkajou's bright yellow scales. Kinkajou pulled away. 

" I have to go, girls meeting" Kinkajou said and she was out the door. Turtle was practically jumping around the room for ten minutes until Qibli and Winter came running in.

" Umber's back" Qibli said and they all dashed out of the room. Turtle didn't even ask where they were going, soon after this thought they wound up in the entrance to the prey centre. They saw Umber for the first time in months. Umber looked up and, for the first time ever they saw a mudwing drop food as a cow leg fell from his mouth and dropped to the floor. The group ran to each other and reunited once again. Turtle was so happy to have his cave mate back, and as soon as Umber brought his belongings into the room they dragged him to the underground lake. They filled him in on Darkstalker and the new gossip and Umber filled him in on getting caught and all that. As they splashed around in the water (even Qibli was swimming) Turtle thought about what Kinkajou had said and started to stop worrying.

The Girls Meeting

Kinkajou walked down to Peril's cave unable to control her scales. She shone bright yellow illuminating the dark hall as she went. She walked into the cave and Moon and Peirl covered their eyes.

"Tone it down" Peril said.

" Yeah" Moon agreed blocking Kinkajou with her wing.

" Sorry" Kinkajou said" I'm just so excited" turning an even brighter yellow.

 " I'm thinking about just touching her so she turns white." Peril whispered to Moon but loud enough for Kinkajou to hear finally turning her a more sombre yellow.

" Why are you so excited, does this have to do with Turtle" Moon asked and she and Peril giggled.

" Yes, we're dating" Kinkajou said and her scales started to shine but a angry face from Peril stopped that.

" I didn't want to say anything cause of the weird you and love spell thing but my and Qibli are dating too" Moon said and this time Kinkajou couldn't control it. Peril jumped up and Moon and Kinkajou ran. They only made it twenty feet until they ran into Clay.

" Why are you guys" He started then Peril knocked into him coming around a corner and everyone started laughing at the confused Clay. They swung by the underground lake later and Kinkajou turned bright yellow and Peril just gave up trying.

when Qibli and Moon left Kinkajou followed soon after. Turtle sat by the edge of the lake drying off when something tapped him. He started to open his mouth when it got clamped shut.

" go to your cave" Kinkajou whispered and Kinkajou was gone. 

" I'm heading back now" Turtle said trying not to sound suspicious. As he left clearly sounding weird Winter said.

" Umber, you might want to come to my cave."

When Turtle got back to his cave it was empty. Suddenly, Kinkajou popped up right in front of him. He went to say something when she kissed him.

From outside the door Winter said.

" Told you so" and he and Umber walked away.