13. Alone and Defeated

I looked at Rin, my heart pounding.

"Rin... I..." I looked down, "I need time to think."

"I'll wait as long as you need me to."

Just because he said that, I felt the urge to forgive him.

But I can't, not yet...

I dug into the depths of my mind, where I was alone. I tried my hardest to scratch my arms until they were raw and burning. Too much stress...

Don't let him get you down. someone said, making me look around. There was a girl with (h/l), (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes.

It was me.

You know that he only did that because he loves you so much, right? That's why you're confused.
I lay on the ground, seemingly defeated, my (e/c) eyes dull.

Tell me this, do you love Rin?

"Yes."

Do you forgive him?

"I don't know."

Do you love him?

"Yes!"

Do. You. Forgive. Him?

"YES!"

Then quit being the weak, defeated girl you're acting like and go back to Rin!

"I know..."

I could feel the light return to my eyes.

One thing.

I looked in direction of my other self.

Never let him leave you. Or your heart will shatter into a thousand pieces that he will have to collect.

I grinned.

"Do you really think I would let him leave me?"

She smiled.

"Thatta girl."

I watched as her figure diappeared and was replaced with a worried Rin.

"(Y/n)? Are you ok?" his voice wavered, and his eyes were threatening to release tears.

"I'm fine, Rin."

"You passed out and collapsed. I was worried sick."

"I can see that. Hey, guess what?"

"Huh?"

"I forgive you." immediately after saying that, I stood up from the bed I was laying on (Rin must've carried me back) and stood in front of him. I pulled his tie in an attempt to get him closer.

"So you really do forgive me?"

"Yeah. Just try to think things through before you act next time, ok?"

"Yeah. Got it."

I pulled him closer and kissed him.

"Rin, I promise that I'll always be here for you."

"How did that song go? 'Cause you know that I'm always all for you. Right?"

My face softened as I recalled my favorite song.

"Yes."

"That's true. I am all for you..." the way Rin sung it, it was better than the original song.

I sat back down on the bed and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Rin?"

"Yeah?"

"What are we going to do now?"

"Who knows?"

We sat there in silence for a few moments.

This deafening silence is killing me! I need to think of something! I thought, frantically thinking of something to talk about.

All the while, I was becoming sleepier and sleepier... Until I actually fell asleep.

Rin's POV

As I was trying to decide what to talk about, her breath became calm and even, and I felt her heartbeat slow down.

I shifted slightly to get a better view.

Her eyes were closed, confirming the fact that she was asleep.

"I'll never break your heart again, I promise." I whispered.