19

Bax pov
" hey so what do you want to do with your life I mean now that we have to think about things like that "
" well I'm not sure yet what about you wait I know pro surfer "
" Yeah "
She smiled at me and I knew that was her way of saying that she'll support me no matter what.
" I can't believe its been almost a year already "
She sat down on my bed and I just looked at her and thought about all the good times. She waved her hand in front of my face
" oh no you have that look you're lost in your head come back "
I just smiled at her
" hey you know I'm going to get super busy with comps now right "
" I know "
She hugged me and I took a deep inhale of her scent of fresh rain and vanilla.
Like I said I got so caught up in comps and sponsorship and interviews that I started to have less and less time with her and when I did I was so tired that I was useless. I could see as her smile slowly faded on the sidelines and I could tell that she was throwing away her dreams to support me.
" Kimberly we need to talk"
" uh oh "
She started to run her hands on her pants and sat down on the chair and I sat opposite her. We were outside and the sun was going down
" I've noticed that you're not happy anymore "
She shook her head no and then in a broken voice she simply said
" And I've noticed that you're beyond happy up there "
We just looked at one another neither of us wanting to say it but then she said
" This is the end of this isn't it "
" I think it is "
She pressed her lips together in a thin line
" you know I love you and I only want what's best for you and what you want for yourself "
My eyes started to burn hearing her say that
"And I you "
That is all I was able to get out without breaking down fully. She calmly got up and she had to walk past me to leave when she did she put her hand on my right shoulder gave it a small squeeze twice and then left. I saw there my heart shattering more and more as I heard her walk away. It was almost midnight when I was finally able to pick myself up enough to go inside and go to bed. And as soon as I was looking at my ceiling I broke and with that came screams and tears.