Bonded and loyal

Okay guys, this chappie is also gonna have a TW for SH, almost drowning, and demonic rituals! for those who want the important parts without the triggers, skip until you see the skull emojis

💀💀💀💀💀💀💀

Word count: 1793

———————-

💀💀💀💀💀 start!!!!

As soon as the man was completely out of the water, the sunset was had fallen from the horizon, and the forest below had now been blanketed with a layer of darkness. You proceed immediately to second ritual that the book had to offer, the bonding ritual. Quickly taking ahold of the wooden summoning knife, you scuttled closer to the lake, hastily slitting your tender palm with the knife, the thick red liquid to began gushing out of your palm in a slow but steady drizzle.

You held your wounded palm out to the lake as the red irony substance leaked out of your fist into the algae filled depths. You made direct eye contact with the shadowy figure of a man, as he started to slowly move. The water rippled around him at the smallest of moves he made. As he began to take a step forward, this was your sign to begin the second chant.

You started to shake from fear before the man, as you started to chant out the spell.
"Walk forward to me, the savior
Who will free you from your traps
For however long i live 
You won't ever have to go back."

You repeated this chant like a mantra, as the man grew closer to you. The more he slowly trudged through the waters to close the distance between you two, the more detail of his outfit you could make out. He had a bald head, like a military shave, an off-white hockey mask covered the entities face as his body was covered with a black thin tshirt. Along with a  darker jacket and a set of baggy pants, which were all soaking wet.

You continued the chant until the dripping man was now face to face with you. The whole time you stringed the spells words together,  you hadn't broken eye contact. Only the heavens know what would happen if you broke the intense gaze. The book had warned you, and you didn't want to see what would happen if you went against the books advice.

A strange pulsating feeling sent shockwaves throughout your entire being, and you could tell he felt it too by the way he ever so slightly shifted in a way that nobody would notice. You wouldn't even have noticed if you hadn't been having a weird stare down with the man. He brought his hand slowly up to almost meer yours, sprawling out his fingers, revealing to you the identical slash in his palm as the one that had been on yours.

From what you read on the book, the demon would acquire and feel everything you do. If you get hurt, so does he, likewise other way around. It was the result of the bonding spell. Now you have to worry about not falling and being so clumsy, for his sake. You mentally chucked at the thought.

The two of you just stare at each other for a moment, both in complete and utter loss for words, not like you even knew if he could speak or not. The book told you that it was smart to immediately go on to the next spell, so you assumed you would do it just to get it out of the way. Plus...having the loyalty of a certain infamous demon doesn't seem like to bad of an idea.

You look at the man in the middle of his forehead, to awkward to make eye contact before you start to whisper, not wanting to startle the man. "Is it okay with you if we continue onto the next spell?" She managed to get out. Her hands had been shaking as she spoke. He only replied with a simple and slow nod, while you were just assuming he was the silent type, you take his hand into yours. You lead him into the lake by the hand, slowly stepping in and shuddering at the cold.