Chapter Five

Gajeel was stood by the Guild doors waiting for Erza Scarlet to show up.

"Hey Gajeel." Juvia said as she walked up to him. "Who you waiting for?"

"Erza." Gajeel replied. "We're gonna check up on Natsu."

Juvia smiled. "Well, have fun." She said as she walked into the Guild.

Gajeel sighed and could see Erza in the distance. He walked over to her, and they began to head to Gray's house. Once they arrived, Gajeel knocked on the door. Gray answered and let them in.

"Master wants to speak to you." Erza told the Ice Mage.

"About what?" Gray asked.

Erza shrugged. "We can stay with Natsu while you go."

"Alright." Gray replied and walked into the bedroom. "Hey, I'm going out."

Natsu sat up. "When will you be back?"

"Soon." Gray responded. "Gajeel and Erza will stay with you while I'm gone."

Natsu nodded his head and followed Gray into the living room.

"See you guys later." Gray said as he walked out of the house.

Gajeel turned to Natsu. "You wanna go out and do something?!"

Natsu raised an eyebrow. "Like what?"

"For a walk?"

Natsu shrugged. "Sure."

"Let's go then." Erza said as she opened the front door.

Gajeel and Natsu followed her out of the house, and they began to walk to the lake.

"I know you guys want to ask me about Lucy." Natsu broke the silence. "So go ahead."

"Why didn't you hit her back?" Gajeel asked.

Natsu sighed. "It's not that simple." He told him. "She didn't hit me at first. After a while, she started to slap me, which I thought was normal, but I would never do it back. Then, eventually, she started pushing me into things and hitting me with random stuff she had in her hand."

Gajeel looked shocked. "And you still thought that was normal?"

"I can't really remember what I was thinking."

Erza's face lit up. "I have an idea!"

Natsu and Gajeel looked at each other and shrugged. They looked back at Erza and looked confused.

"We could go bowling!!" Erza exclaimed.

Gajeel laughed from the idea. "Bowling?"

Erza nodded her head quickly. "It'll be fun."

"I mean if you really want to." Natsu replied. "I'm up for it."

They both looked at Gajeel, who looked like he was secretly judging them. "I'll pass."

Natsu sighed. "You're gonna miss out on all the fun."

Gajeel shrugged. "I'll meet up with you guys once you've finished."

"I'll message you." Erza told him and turned to Natsu. "Let's go."

𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑮𝒓𝒂𝒚

Gray walked into the Guild and could feel all eyes on him. Everyone looked either extremely guilty or sympathetic, and it made the ice mage cringe slightly.

"Gray." Gramps greeted him. "Come with me."

Gray nodded his head and followed the Guild Master into his office. They both sat down, and Gramps pulled out a piece of paper, handing it to Gray.