Christmas Tree Farm (Travis' Version)

Travis' POV

I waited patiently for Taylor to leave for the studio and as soon as I heard the car pull out the driveway, I shut the door quickly and ran to the first stop: the living room cabinets.

I pulled out the first gift, a KC Jersey signed by everyone on the team and a pair of custom shoes, similar to the ones Mom wears to Chiefs-Eagles games. One side was Green with an eagle, the other red and gold with a spearhead.

I checked to make sure both weren't damaged and placed the baby pink box on the living room table before sprinting to the storage room. From there, I pulled out a package so big it took up almost the whole space. Our first ever christmas tree. I had it imported from the tree farm she used to tell me about, the one she used to live near.

I got it set up but left the star topper down since I had decided early on I wanted to let Tay put it on the tree. I had been a Taylor fan before I was a Taylor boyfriend, so I had almost all of her ornaments, even the ones from 2006.

Next step: figure out cookies. This one was probably the hardest. I pulled out flour, chocolate chips, eggs, milk, and everything else. Then I realised the milk should probably stay in the fridge until I needed it, so I put that back and began the process.

After about 20 minutes with no mishaps besides accidentally dropping the entire egg shell into the batter, I was done. I threw it into the oven and hoped for the best.

I had 30 minutes until the cookies were dome, so I went to pull out the last of the stuff. A homemade self care basket. I got help from Selena for this one, who freaked when I told her my plan.

"Oh she's going to love it!" Selena squealed, "You should get this stuff from Sephora, I would tell you the brand, but that would not help you. Oh this is the sweetest thing ever!!! You're the best to her, you know that?"

"I do my best, Ma'am." I said, mock-saluting Selena.

"You have my approval, 110%." Selena said, before giving me a list of things to get for Taylor.

Anyways, I put it all together in a simple picnic basket with two small teddies, one with my jersey, the other with Taylor's iconic silver Fearless dress. "Beep! Beep!" I heard the timer for the cookies go off.

"Shit!" I ran back down. My god, coach should really just make me do this for warmup. I will remember to suggest it to him next time. (spoiler alert: he forgot)

I pulled the cookies out the oven and they looked  pristine, a slight brown, crunchy edge with a chewy inside. I heard the door open and quickly plated the cookies in record time, before going down to greet Tay, and get bombarded by three cats apparently, because Dibbles, Mere and Benji were all there to greet Tay as well.

I embraced the goddess of a woman in front of me, "Hey girlie. How was it?"  Taylor smiled and hugged me back, before getting on her tiptoes to kiss me. "It was great."

Taylor's POV

Trav was acting off, but in a good way if that makes sense? "I, uh, prepared a few surprises for you." Trav said, nervously fiddling with his hands. I look up excitedly, when I catch a waft of... "Did you make cookies?" I looked at Trav, confused.

He scratched the back of his neck, nodding. "Yeah, chocolate chip. Your second favourite, but I didn't have time to buy spices for chai sugar cookies." My heart melted. This man was...the best. The kind you find once in a million. "Thank you Trav. That means a lot."

"That's not even the main surprise" he said as he gave me a cookie. "I'm sorry?" I laughed in disbelief. None of them before him had done this. They all stuck to boring old gestures, dates and beaches and blah blah blah. No one had ever done so much to woo me before. I felt...special.

He took my hand and brought me to our living room, where a tall christmas tree sat, a box under it and the star on the table. I covered my mouth, shocked beyond words. "Trav..." I whispered.

"I got it imported from Pine Ridge, Reading, Pennsylvania." He replied. I let out a gasp. "You didn't..." I was so in love with this man. I jumped into his arms. "Thank you." "Course, girlie. Always."

He picked up the box, offering it to me. I took it in my hands, and carefully opened it. "They're beautiful, Trav, thank you." A pair of mismatched Eagles-Chiefs shoes were sat on top of an 87 Jersey, which was covered in signatures from what I assumed was his teammates. "You wanna put the star on the tree?" I nodded eagerly. He lifted me up and I placed it on the tree.

"One last thing." He took my hand and started running and I thanked god for my Eras Tour, or I would never have been able to keep up. On our bed sat a beautiful, light blue and white basket, stuffed to the brim with self care stuff. On top of it all was two little bear plushies, one that looked like me and one that looked like Trav.

I clung to Trav like a koala. My cheeks hurt from smiling for so long. "Thank you thank you thank you!" I said as I kissed him on the cheek.

"Anything for you, darling." He whispered.

• • •

So! I'm flying off today but I will continue my due diligence of writing best I can.

As always, requests here >>>>>

hope you guys enjoyed this one!

-xx, YT