5.

Jack's POV

"So what's your favourite thing to do on your off days" Melissa asked. I chuckled at her question, I am not sure why but I did. I normally party with the guys. I didn't do too much.

"Well I normally party with the guys" I shrug. The question just didn't phase me.

She raised her eyebrow at me, "That's all you do? You don't spend time with your family?"

I shake my head and sigh. My family and I haven't been close in years, especially after the person I had become since getting drafted. My parents watched me almost throw my life away many times and had decided to cut me off, Quinn was off in Vancouver and Luke well, he was just around. We talk more than anything. He lives with me so our relationship had managed to stick more.

"My family and I have been close in years" I shrug once again. I can feel the conversation getting awkward. What was she supposed to say to something like that?

"Oh how come?" She asks. I was hoping she wouldn't.

"I don't want to talk about it" I reply honestly.

"Are you okay?" Those words set me off. I wasn't sure why.

"I'm fine. I just don't want to talk about my family, alright?" My voice came off louder than I had wanted it to. I noticed Melissa jump slightly at my sudden anger. I sighed and apologized profusely. I didn't mean to shout at her.

"It's fine Jack, can we just go?" She mumbled. She had turned away from me at this point. I sighed once again and decided not to say anything but instead nod my head. I can tell I had made her uncomfortable and if I am being honest, it hurt my feelings.

I don't want her to think of me as an angry person because I'm not. I want her to see me for more than what people make me out to be.

Melissa's POV

The drive from the restaurant was a painfully awkward one. Words weren't said by either of us and the only thing heard was the radio playing lightly. I wanted to say something. I wanted to ask him why he got so defensive, but I didn't want to anger her anymore. I curse at myself for pressing the topic, our night was going so well.

"Where are we going?" I ask, breaking the silence. I look out the window and see us approach a forest like area.

Jack doesn't answer, he just puts the car in park and gets out. I find myself getting nervous. Was he going to hurt me? The thought of dying here scared me. I wasn't sure what to feel. Suddenly the door opens on the passenger side and Jack is standing there with his hand out.

I debate on taking it, but then quickly take it. Our hands were intertwined as we walked through the dark and quiet forest. The sound of leaves and twigs crunching under our feet was all that could be heard. Jack nor I had said anything. He still hadn't even explained where we were or where we were going.

We finally stop and I bump into Jack's hard back. I hear him chuckle lightly as he pulled me beside him. I gasp at the view in front of me. It was truly beautiful. There was a small lake in the middle of all of the trees, it was as secluded as can be. The moon shined from above us and the sky reflected off of the clear water.

It was stunning.

"You like it?" Jack asks. His hands were in his pockets. I turned around and looked at him. I hadn't even realized I had walked away from him.

"It's beautiful out here Jack" I smile, "How do you know about this place?"

"I've been coming here since I got drafted. I found it one night on a late night walk" He replies as he sits on the grass.

"Does anyone else know about it?" I ask.

"No. Not anyone. I come here to clear my head once in a while. The peace and quiet really helps relax me before a big game and after any loss" He explains.

"Well it truly is beautiful" I say, turning my attention back to water. Although it was dark, everything was seen perfectly. I could only imagine how nice it id during the day with the sun shinning bright.

The peace and quiet here was nice, I soon found myself placing my head on Jack's shoulder as we stayed. His arm found its way around my shoulders as he pulled me closer. My heart fluttered.

Jack wasn't what everyone described him as. He was different. I found myself falling for him more and more. I knew he had a heart, I knew he had a soul. I could just tell he wasn't the bad boy that everyone described him as. Maybe Reanne was lying about him not dating. I couldn't figure out what to believe about him.

"You know" I begin as I look up at him, "I think what everyone has said about was wrong"

Jack raises his eyebrows, "What did everyone tell you?"

"Just how bad of a person you were. You were heartless and treated girls terribly, but I don't believe it"

"You don't?" He asks. He sounded almost shocked at what I was saying. It was as if he didn't believe me.

"No Jack. So far tonight you have been the opposite of the bad boy" I smiled. But he didn't. He just looked at me, a blank stare on his face.

Did I say something wrong?

"Jack what's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing Melissa" Jack speaks as he stands up.

"No there's something wrong" I begin but he cuts me off with a loud no. I jump back again at his sudden anger.

"L-let's just go. It's late and I need to get you home" He says, his voice was firm but softer than before.

I nod my head and slowly follow him to the car.