14.

Jack's POV

I let out a sigh as I laid down on my bed. The way I treated Melissa crossed my mind over and over again. How could I yell at her that way for having a friend? How could I get so jealous over that friend? Trevor seemed nice, it seemed like they had a lot in common when it came to school. I remember Melissa mentioning she had met a friend at orientation, but she didn't mention it was a guy. She also didn't mention they had been spending a lot of time together. My heart raced at the thought of them together. Alone. In her house.

I began to wonder if I can trust that they didn't sleep together. But I also started to wonder if it was the fear of being cheated on. Never once did I think I would have this fear, but here I am. Here I laid in my warm bed, fearing Melissa finding someone else and walking away from me. I soon found myself getting angry, but also hurt.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and just as I was about to click that all too familiar name in my contacts, my door swings wide open.

"What the fuck happened to you?" Was the first thing Curtis said as he enters my room.

"Nothing" I shrug as I throw my phone on the pillow next to me.

Curtis shakes his head. I knew he wouldn't believe me. I sigh and tell him everything. From what I knew about Trevor, which wasn't very much by the way, to the little argument we had. I made sure to leave out my fear of being cheated on however, I knew he would make fun of me for that one.

"Dude you have to trust her. He's just her friend, who cares?" Curtis says. "Reanne is like best friends with Nico and Luke. You don't see me running around accusing her of cheating"

"I know. It's just different with Melissa" I sigh. "I know her dad hates my guts but I want to prove to him that I can be better. How the fuck can I do that when pretty boy is with her?"

Curtis laughs, "I think you're overreacting" Curtis begins as he sits down beside me, "But I'm sure coach will come around. You've really changed since you started dating Mel and not in a bad way. Just keep up this type of good attitude and coach will like you in no time"

"What if he doesn't?" I sigh.

"He will. Your reputation came back and bit you in the ass. Now is your chance to turn it all around" Curst continues.

"You're right. Im going to do what I gotta do to get coach to like me" I swing the blanket off of my body and stood up. Curtis gave me a pat on the shoulder before walking out of my room.

I had a grin on my face from ear to ear as I picked up my phone and called Mel. She answered it on the third ring and the sound of her voice is always like music to my ears.

"Hey babe" she speaks into the phone.

"Hey baby. Are you busy right now?" I ask. I can hear loud chattering in the background. I get confused as to where she might be at this time of night.

"I am actually. I'm at Trevor's hockey game with Reanne" I felt my blood boil. He plays hockey too? That's it, I was done. I was done with everything, especially that friendship. I was hurt by it, jealous by it, and everything else in between.

"Oh so the guy plays hockey too?" I ask. My voice turning bitter. I can hear it. I can hear the anger slowly seeping out of my mouth with every word I said.

"Jack, can we not do this right now? I told you we were only friends" She sighs.

"Friends? Friends my fucking ass Melissa. You two are constantly together. Every bloody time I call you you're doing something with him and you leave me out to dry. I'm your boyfriend for fuck sakes, don't I mean anything to you?" I finish my sentence with yelling.

The anger that boiled inside of me because of Trevor was all coming out. It was coming out all at once. I didn't mean for it to, I suddenly felt bad for yelling at her.

"You mean the world to me Jack, but Trevor wanted me to come and" before she could finish I cut her off. I was too angry to let her speak.

"No, no I don't. I mean nothing compared to what that jacksss means to you" I speak. I knew where this was going, I knew where I was bringing this. But why was I going to subject myself to this type of hurt?

"We're done" Was all I said before closing my phone. I fell my knees and sobbed like a baby. My body ached and my heart ache. I didn't even let her explain anything. Deep down inside I knew I couldn't, she was always with him. I knew she would someday leave me for him.

Trevor had the looks, the brains and even the skill on the ice I'm sure. How could she not choose him over me?

I soon found myself doing something I never thought I would. I was doing it out of hurt and anger towards Melissa. Putting my phone to my ear, a familiar voice picks up with a sweet hello.

"You busy?" I ask into the phone.

"I have all the time in the world for you. What's up Jacky" I roll my eyes at the nickname I had been given.

Why am I even calling her?

"I'm coming over in 5 be ready"