46. Alabasta, All The Way!

________

________

3 days after leaving Drum Island...

The ship of the Strawhats,  the Going Merry, smoothly sails across the calm blue sea. The waves are still and the sky is clear.

"Oi..." 

An angry Y/N Gridlocke is seen staring at Luffy. Observing his captain, Y/N sees beads of sweat falling down from the rubberman's face.

Alongside him was Sanji, also angry that someone from them are continuously eating their reserves without them knowing it.

 In a squat, Y/N levels his eyes to his captain, staring at him.

"Did you ate last midnight?" Y/N interrogates.

Luffy can't even properly look at him in the eye as he whistles. 

"Answer his question, Luffy." Sanji pushed through.

"I'm the quartermaster of this crew and I just slept! Slept and the food had dwindled down! Again!"

"N-No, I'm serious. I don't know what you're talking about."

"Hm..." Y/N observes his face.

"What's with your shifty eyes then?" Sanji points out. "Look at us straight in the eyes. Let me repeat what Y/N just said earlier..."

Sanji and Y/N encircles Luffy like predators as they both interrogated their captain.

"We've properly divided our food supplies so that they'd last long enough for 10 people  to reach Alabasta. If you're not responsible, then why's the food ALWAYS disappearing every night?"

By mistake, Luffy burped. This made them scowl as Sanji grabbed Luffy's face, inspecting it. 

"Don't even try to make excuses. You're a terrible liar."

But as Sanji is about to ask him again, Y/N whispers something to him. Sanji nods at his plan.

"Hey, Luffy."

"Y-Yeah?"

"Is that some leftovers I see stuck to your mouth?"

Surprised, Luffy fell to their trap, covering his mouth as the two became more angrier than before.

"CRAP! IT'S STILL THERE?!"

"SO IT'S YOU!" They both yelled, kicking him. "YOU GLUTTON!"

"Also..." Y/N paused, glaring at the four members that are currently fishing at the starboard side of the ship. "Less food for you four."

Elle, Carue, Usopp, and Chopper snapped their heads at the ship's quartermaster in horror. "WHAAAAT?!"

Sanji crosses his arms, catching them all red-handed. "Nice work, Y/N."