006

The Wang Mansion

Stepping into the building, Wang Yibo was welcomed by his very excited mom who stood up from where she was seated and then ran up to him to give him a very deep hug.
Yibo was taken aback by this, even Haoxuan was quite surprised by the excitement of his aunt.

“Mother, what happened? Why are you so excited?” Yibo asked with curiosity.

“You will get to know my dear. Come on, let’s go have a seat. We’ve been waiting for you.” Mrs Wang said excitedly.

“Mmm”

Heading towards the coach, Yibo found Lan Qiren seated right above were they were, reading a newspaper with his legs crossed over the other.

“good evening uncle.”Yibo and Haoxuan greeted.

“good evening. How was work today?” He asked while putting down the newspaper in his hands.

“It was great.” Yibo answered.

“Mmm very good.” He said nodding his head.
Seating down, they waited for the obvious discussion that was about to begin. Mrs Wang Sat next to Yibo rubbing his back tenderly.
With the over excitement that was shown and the seriousness of that night, Yibo could clearly guess what they are about to talk about.

Knowing his mother, she had probably set up another blind date for him after he had made it clear to her that he is not interested in dating or settling down yet but she still did it anyway.

Yibo came out to his family that he was a cutsleeve at Sixteen but hadn’t dated anyone before. Though they were a little disappointed most especially Lan Qiren, but with time they got used to it. His mom then decided to take that into her own hands on setting up blind dates when Yibo turned twenty so as to find a suitable partner for him but of course, none of those worked out. Mrs Wang getting tired of it decides live it to fate.
But after setting her eyes on someone some times ago, that eagerness came back to her. Activated and also motivated her to try again and she decides to put her all in this one for it not to fail.

Though the person she found for her son wasn’t as rich as they were and it was hard to convince the other’s parents to agree with it but all in all, they were still convinced and decided to take action immediately. Though, the wife was against it, saying that her son is straight and won’t accept this no matter what. But after some talks with her husband, she decided to give it a try. After all, she wants a very comfortable life for her son and doesn’t want him to go through hardship. With that, they decided to talk to the two parties involved separately before they have a meet up to get to know each other better even after being aware what those two relationships were, they still want to try it out.

After a few minutes of silent Lan Qiren spoke up.

“I believe you could guess why I called for you?” Qiren asked.

“Yes uncle.” Yibo said coldly.

“I and your mother have found a suitable partner for you.” He said

Haoxuan was surprised. He thought they were about to talk only about a blind date that Yibo must meet up with. Never coming to his mind that they will go as far as getting a partner instead. He turned towards Yibo who was silent and choose to stay silent as well.

After a few minutes, Yibo frowned at the words. “partner?” he asked.

Qiren: yes, partner. Did you really think that we’ll set up another blind date just for you to abandon the other in the end?.” He said slightly loudly .

Yibo: I’ve already told you that I’m not ready to get married now.

Qiren: I insist and I shall not be disobeyed. He said a little angry.

Yibo: no one can force me to do what I don’t want to.
Sensing the tension rising between them, Mrs Wang decided to interject.

Soothingly, she said… “Bobo dear, you should accept it. Your partner is a really nice guy. I believe you’ll learn to like him very much. Do it for me, please.
I really can’t watch you being so alone anymore. It kills me inside you know.” She said sadly.