022

It was already 4pm when Zhan wakes up from his deep slumber. He felt like his body was heavy due to the medication injected into him. Though he could still walk around a little but he couldn’t because of the weight on him.

He opened his eyes and looked around confusedly and that’s when realisation came down on him as he remembers that he suddenly passes out after the staff meeting that was held that morning.
Sighing, he the turned his eyes to the asleep man that was hugging him like a kola bear. He smiled and raises his hand to caress his face in which awoken the said man.

Yibo wakes up feeling a light caress on his face. He opened his eyes and saw Zhan who was smiling beautifully at him. He smiled back and kisses his lips.

Yibo: are you okay now?

Zhan: yes.

Yibo: you got me worried back there. Why didn’t you tell me you hadn’t been feeding well for these past few days? He asked sadly.

Zhan: i-I didn’t want to border you and I was scared.

Yibo: don’t do that again. I can’t bear to loose you. Okay?

Zhan: mm

Yibo then releases Zhan and got up from the bed.
“I’ll go get your lunch and medication”
He says in which Zhan nodded as  a reply.

Yibo went out of the room to get the dish and came almost a minute later as he had already prepared them.

Yibo head towards the bed, kept the tray on the table next to it, and then made Zhan sit properly and starts feeding him.

Zhan: thanks.
Yibo smiles and wipes his mouth.
Silence engulfs them for few minutes and then Zhan spoke up.
“do you think Zuan was at the meeting and she knows now that we’re married?” he asks

Yibo: probably. After all the meeting was a compulsory one. So she had to be there.

Zhan: mm but I still think I have to meet her personally for a talk.

Yibo: mm I agree.

Zhan smiles and continues eating and Yibo feeds him through medication.

Zhan: I’ll go see my friends since I’m free. He says

Yibo: but you’ll have to rest for the medic to work. He says worried

Zhan: I will be fine

Yibo: that’s what you told me before and look at the outcome now. He says frowning.

Zhan let out a chuckle.
“I’m okay really. Then I didn’t rested nor took medication but now I’ve done that, there won’t be any problem and besides, I’m only walking to my office.”

Yibo: sighs. Okay then but I’m going with you. He says

Zhan: I’ve already took much of your time. Go work and I’ll be okay.

Yibo seeing Zhan winning against him finally agrees.

Zhan went out of the office heading towards his when his sight caught the one of a very sad looking Zuan.
Zhan got nervous but eventually calls out.

Zhan: Zuan!

Zuan ignores him and was about leaving but was stopped when Zhan ran towards her and held her hands.
“Zuan please listen.”

Zuan: listen to what? She asks angrily.

Zhan: I’m sorry. He says head lowered.

Zuan: sorry? Is that all you have to say?
I’ve always thought that you loved me. You promised me ge. I loved you and I still do that I hate myself for it.
You should have told me you were married. You made me seem like a home wrecker. She said in tears and shivering lips.

Zhan: I’m sorry

Zuan: I do not want to hear it. She said walking away but Zhan still held her hand.

Zhan: can you… can you at least listen to my explanation first?

Zuan: what more do you wish to explain that I don’t know of. I already know everything cuz Mr Wang said it all.
She hits Zhans chest
“I trusted you.” She said.

Zhan: I’m very sorry. Can you at least listen to me.

Zuan:……..

Zhan: how about this, let’s go find a place to talk. That will be better right?
Mmm?

Zuan ignored him and start heading towards the elevator which Zhan got as a go ahead and he quickly follows behind her.