VII

BigB

"Maybe it's a good thing if Martyn doesn't come with us?" Tango says, "I don't trust him,"
"Martyn is coming with us," Joel challenges, "We just have to convince Grian and Cleo,"
"He burned down the heart!" Skizz says,
"Actually that was Scar," Joel says.
"What if I come with you and I hide?" Martyn speaks up.
"That's not a bad idea," I say.

Suspicious, I put the golden apples Martyn gave me away into my pocket before we left for the base. I might have to do some testing before eating them in case they're poisoned or have something in them.
We walk down the path without saying a word, but before we reach the base, something appears out of the corner of my eye.
"Uh guys?" I say, as multiple people appear round the corner of a tree.
"Martyn, we said not to tell anyone." Gem yells, in a hoarse whispery sort of voice.
"Joel I'm on your side!" Etho yells, but he's green with red eyes and I can see the look of doubt on Joel's face.
"No, you're a zombie! You're with them!" Joel shouts back. Etho approaches Joel and Joel steps back. Etho turns on Martyn and says:
"Come with us."
Martyn runs.

Skizz

Thank god Martyn's run off, he was giving me the creeps.

But now there are 6 zombies standing in front of us, and I don't think all 4 of us can take them on. I make a dart to the door of the base and start pounding on it.
"Grian, it's the heart foundation and Joel! Let us in," I yell.
I hear Grian's voice from the inside,
"Are you sure Martyn isn't with you?"
"Yes, he left. Open the door!"
The door swings open and Cleo is standing there. I run in and I'm followed by BigB and Tango.
"Where's Joel?" I ask. Tango points gravely at Joel.

He's lying on the floor, surrounded by the zombies. A sword is in his heart and he's covered in blood. We watch as his skin turns green and he opens his eyes which are now deep red. The zombies all look at us. Tango slams the door shut just before they make a run at it.

"Great, guys. You've led the zombies to our doorstep," Grian looks annoyed, but Cleo says:
"We need to get out of here!"
All 5 of us run up the stairs. Everyone gets out through the side exit except me. I rush to the enchantment area and I pull out 2 books on potions and a book on monsters. That was why we were here, after all.

The door breaks down, and the zombies flood the room just as I leave. They're now on our tail.

Martyn

Neutral means two things: A greyish sort of colour, and someone who doesn't support either side.

I'm the latter right now.

I don't want to be, but the zombies are out to kill me and every survivor hates me because of my amount of lives. Well - not everyone, as I realise while running.

Bursting through the fence gates, I hear an innocent doorbell sound and I rush around the cherry blossom base.
"Scott? Scott? It's Martyn!"
Scott appears from around the corner of a tree.
"Hi Martyn," he says, "What are you doing here?"
"I don't belong anywhere else. The zombies want to kill me and Grian and Cleo hate me. Joel, Tango, BigB and Skizz want to stay with Grian and Cleo so I'm an outcast."
"Why do the zombies want to kill you?" he asks, and I reply:
"I was supposed to lie and say that I could've prevented Bdubs' death, when I didn't. I saw Gem go in green and both of them come out as zombies."
"Ah, that's why you told me that."
Oh yeah, I did.
"Could I stay here for a bit?" I request.
"Of course," Scott says.

Staying in Scott's base is a little scary, to be honest. Sure, he just reads some of his books while I sit around thinking of everything I could've done differently, but I'm still scared the zombies will come, or worse: Grian and Cleo.

Cleo

"We either go to Scott's or we go to Joel's." Grian says as we run.
"I'd say Scott's," I say, almost out of breath, "That way it is 7v6. We'll have more of a chance to beat the zombies."

We reach the cherry blossom hill and we climb up the steps. The doorbell goes off 5 times as we all run in and I spot Scott.
"Scott!" I yell, "Can we block off this door?"
Scott leaps to his feet and immediately starts putting planks of wood in front of the fence gate.

The zombies reach the planks of wood and stop. Then we hear the sound of breaking wood.
"We need to go." Tango says, and we rush for the opposite side of the wall, but Scott immediately starts tunnelling down. I follow and so does everyone else. Once everyone is in the hole, he blocks it up.

We start rushing as he breaks every block. We hear the zombies above.
"Where are they?" Joel says,
"They got away!" Bdubs says,
"Everyone, search the base!" Gem shrieks.

"Wait... where's Grian?" Tango asks.