Chapter 10: Great to Greater

MATSUSHITA

We passed. We actually passed! Class D managed to pass this first test of ours. I must admit I thought some of us were bound to fail but thankfully Kushida helped us out by giving us past papers.

She really was a life saviour. But that wasn't what I was surprised at. To my surprise, Sudo who was known to be if not the dumbest student in our class actually managed to be in the top 10 of our class.

Even our homeroom teacher was impressed at our feat. Though we were nowhere near the other classes in terms of points, this was still a good achievement for us.

Class A: 1004 points
Class B: 663 points
Class C: 492 points
Class D: 100 points

But it made me more intrigued. What did Sudo exactly do to get such high marks? What was even weirder was the fact that he rejected the past paper that Kushida offered him.

Ayanokoji who usually looked well, depressed and bored seemed to be intrigued about Sudo's performance as well. I mean who wouldn't be? With everyone in the class being so buzzed up in excitement, I thought this was the best and only option I had.

I stood up from my seat clearing my throat which grabbed everyone's attention.

Here we go I guess, all eyes are on me now. Let's not mess this up.

"I'm glad that we're all elated with this victory of ours. But if we want to keep this up, I believe we need to be more organized which is why I would like to run as the leader of Class D." As soon as those words came out of my mouth I did a quick bow in hopes that I wouldn't be too embarrassed.

I was wrong. I was very embarrassed.

Please just end this, why did it feel like I was taking years for them to respond? Someone just ends my misery.

Were they smiling, laughing, angry? Was this even the right choice?

JDEIDHEBDN

WHY DID HIRO PUT ME UP TO THIS?

He was defiantly laughing at me from who knows where he was.

"Guys, I'm with Matsushita."

Huh? Wait a minute?

I slowly looked up to see who said that.

Unbelievable.

The hot-tempered delinquent who ranked top 10 on this exam had just vouched for me.

Sudo.

Sudo stood up from his chair with confidence as he gave me the thumbs up and a reassuring nod to add to it.

Who is this person? What happened to the real Sudo?

Slowly one by one the other students began vouching for me and there began a chain reaction.

"I also wanted to run for leader for Class D." Hirata stood up from his seat. "But I think it'll be easier if we both work together as Co-Leaders." He nodded.

I reciprocated his nod and the whole class erupted in cheers. We were becoming one, a unit. Why did Hiro have to be right all the time?

This was definitely something that I wanted to do but I was holding myself.

"I want to also be a leader!" Horikta shouted out, which silenced the class. "I would like to be a leader as well." She muttered lowly this time.

The students looked at one another in confusion whispering amongst one another, as they waited for an answer from us. Hirata glanced over at me with a smile.