Chapter 14: Go with the flow

"You know you really don't have to stay after hours at the student council right?" I grinned as I finished packing the last of the paperwork that I had just completed.

"But I want to!" Ichinose cheerfully said as she made sure everything was in order and all in place. "What sort of Secretary would I be if I didn't?"

I chuckled at her remark.

BEEP!

My phone began buzzing in my pocket just as I pulled it out my phone, Ichinose did the same. It seemed we both had the same notification.

"What does your phone say?" Ichinose curiously asked.

The notification that the school gave us almost made me want to laugh. It was humorous, to say the least.

"We're getting a vacation on a Cruise which leads us to an Island resort." I chuckled analysing the message.

There had to be a catch, the school just doesn't offer free things like this. If I didn't know any better, whatever this Cruise was leading us to a so-called Island Resort, it was utter bullshit.

It had to be something else.

"What's on your mind, Hatanaka?" Ichinose inquired politely.

"Nothing." I smiled.

Ichinose had a playful smile as she began giggling. "That's not true, you're hiding something."

Uh, this girl.

Had she known that to be the case?

"How do you know?" I sighed in defeat.

"Your right ear twitches a little bit when something is going on, and you play with your shirt when you're thinking." She pointed out.

I looked down at my shirt and holy shit. . .

She was spot-on with her analysis.

"Well I can say the same thing for you, I can tell when you're hiding something."

Ichinose tilted her head, "Really?"

"Your ear turns red when something is going and you hold onto your skirt tightly when you're thinking."

Ichinose immediately looked down to see the exact thing I said happening. She didn't even notice that she was doing it.

There was a shared silence in between and we were both probably thinking the same thing. We practically spent every day with each other and we knew basically everything about each other inside and out.

We had spent so much time that was shocking to think about.

But never mind that now.

"This vacation, isn't really a vacation is it." Ichinose wanted confirmation of her answer.

What was funny was that she was already certain about the answer, she just liked to hear the confirmation coming.

"You're correct. It's most likely going to be an exam."

"But what kind of exam is the question?"

"We'll find out soon enough." I nodded. "Speaking of which, how's your class doing lately?"

A small smile appeared on her face, "We're stronger than ever, I really like our chances of reaching Class A."

"That's great to hear but don't forget that I'm your enemy."

She sighed after hearing that, "You're not my enemy, Ryuen is."

I raised my eyebrow, "What? You don't see me as competition?" I joked around with her.