Chapter 18: Courageous don't fall

(HIRO DAY 3)

"Here grab my hand." I smiled brightly at Kushida with a torch in my hand.

To which she returned a small smile of her own. Her hand was soft and gentle it enveloped me with a certain warmth that kept my body hotter. Maybe I was holding onto her hand for a bit too long as I discarded it away.

I looked at my makeshift map crossing out another secret spot.

"That's the second one today." I wiped the sweat on my forehead, while Kushida was sweating like a waterfall. But for some reason, she didn't even smell in the slightest.

"I really need a hot shower." She sighed in defeat inspecting herself.

"Well, who's fault is it for tagging along."

She playfully punched me on the shoulder as she rolled her eyes at me. "Whatever."

She knew I was in the right here.

Two days had passed and it was Day 3 now. By now Class D must have had gotten a massive search party in hopes that they would be able to find Kushida.

What was funny was that I would let Kushida be on her own for a bit while I ran around the Island swiping my card again for the secret spots I claimed.

Practically every secret spot that the island had to offer was now mine. The other classes only had one secret spot to themselves. Besides that was more than enough for them.

All I knew was that Class D had lost a tremendous amount of points because of Kushida. I wasn't quite sure how many points they had lost because of Kushida but it was easy to calculate it.

She has currently missed 4 roll calls which amounted to 20 deducted points.

300 - 20 = 280

That was purely based on Kushida's impact on their team.  

Who knows perhaps Class D lost points as well in other ways. After all, buying a lot of resources for everyone in their class would amount to a lot of points loss.

I was currently weighing all the options that I had and now it was the best time to make a move.

"Kushida," I stated loud and clearly for her. "You should go back to your class on Day 4."

Her eyes widened at hearing that. "A-Are you sure? Am I not useful." She began panicking, her chest thumping.

I immediately rushed over her placing my hands on her shoulder doing my best to calm her down.

"You have been the most useful person I can have." I moved the strands of hair out of her face. "It's just that your Class is losing a lot of points because of you. You should head back."

"If you say so. . ." She muttered. "Do you want me to spy on my Class for you?"

"No, you shouldn't do that." I smiled shaking my head in rejection of that offer.

I knew that she didn't want this to be the outcome. She wanted to be with me through the whole Island exam.

"But before then, we still have a lot of things to do." I patted her shoulder in reassurance.

———

I made sure to make another run of swiping my cards on the other secret spots on this Island. There was not a single interruption while I was doing this. It must have seemed that the other classes were satisfied with their secret spots and weren't bothered even enough to claim another spot.

Which was perfectly fine by me. Keep on doing that.

We made our usual meals of the day to which Kushida even began making it on her own.