Chapter 20: Secrets to be unleashed

AN: Hey! Took a while but we're finally concluding the Island Exam Arc! Thank god for that. . .

Anyway, if you have any questions you'd like to ask about the future chapters, feel free to ask them, happy to answer! Thanks!

KATSURAGI

We lined up with the other classes, I was nothing more than confident about the result. To the point where I knew that Class A would dominate this very exam.

Class A would clear every class leaving them all to dust, especially Class D.

They wouldn't stand a chance against our might. I waited confidently until the teachers were ready to announce the victor.

Class A.

"Right all remaining classes are to be here. I formally declare the test to be complete." Mashima announced looking at his clipboard filled with the results. "All scores are in and everything is final."

I had a knowing smile on my lips, proud of what I had achieved. With these results, my faction would be far superior to Sakayanagi's.

"Hey. . ." A voice called out.

I turned around expecting to see Ryuen and it was.

His face was different from the last time that I had seen him. One could say his face aged from experience on this Island Exam of pure survival.

"You wouldn't say goodbye without me would you?" A knowing grin appeared on his face.

Everyone around us was shocked to see his arrival.

Murmurs of the other classes appeared, however to my surprise Ichinose and Matsushita remained completely calm about the whole situation.

Something was up but never mind that now.

I walked over to Ryuen, "You did an excellent job. You helped Class A earn over 500 S points." I smiled in victory. "Allow me to offer a hand of gratitude for your hard work."

He rejected my offer.

"Just wait. You're all about to witness something very interesting." A smug look appeared on Ryuen's face.

Wait? What was this?

"What do you mean by that?" My eyes intensified on Ryuen.

"And now the time has come. I will reveal the results of the special examination. Coming in Last. . ."

I waited eagerly to hear the results. Keep going. My smile grew even more.

"Class A with 120 points."

No. . .

My face turned white. My body feels numb. This couldn't be? This couldn't have been the answer. How did we come last. . .

It shouldn't have been possible. We had done everything right. I did everything perfectly. Played every part almost to perfection.

My hand was trembling from the thought that we had come third. The sweat from my forehead dripped making puddles onto the ground.

This couldn't be. . .

"In third place, Class B with 140 points."

"In second, Class D with 155 points."

"Finally in first place, Class C with 176 points."

The reactions from each class were different.

Class A were distraught at the result. A humiliating defeat that should never be repeated. I felt the eyes of Sakayanagi's faction stalking me down like I was a failure.