Chapter 13: The challenge ahead

MATSUSHITA

Time was clicking. It was only a couple of hours before the cause would begin. I was confident enough to believe in my abilities and that I would be able to pull this through, for the sake of the class.

I had gotten as much information as I could from not only within my classroom but also from others in different classrooms. I had to pull this off.

"How are you feeling Sudo?" Hirata placed a hand on his shoulder.

Sudo gave out a small smile, "In all honesty I'm feeling completely fine, I know I'm innocent so that's all that matters."

Hirata nodded happily as we discussed other conversations.

Horikita, Kushida and even Ayanokoji had been a great help in gathering information for this case. Without them, I don't think I would be able to feel this confident about it all.

"What happens if Class C pulls out some dirty tricks?" Horikita inquired.

"We'll just have to deal with it like we always do," I stated. "Sudo I trust you to stay calm in the case.

"Of course." Sudo nodded giving a thumbs up. The moral of this class was amazing and the class was buzzing with confidence and excitement.

Like that, it was time for the case to begin. I was gladdened to know that Ayanokoji and Horikita would be there with me as well, backing me up.

The private room designated for the Sudo case
But I was shocked to my core. Class C was across the table and Hiro was sitting there.

"H-Hatanka is this some joke?" Sudo chuckled in disbelief at what he was seeing.

Hiro wore a bright smile sitting causally on his chair, "It's definitely not a joke."

Sudo clenched his fist but before anything could happen Ayanokoji stopped him from doing anything reckless. But it seemed as though Ayanokoji didn't need to stop Sudo anyway.

He already seemed defeated, deflated even. The same went to Horikita. She too seemed defeated as soon as she entered the room.

Did we already lose? What happened to the moral that we had before? Was it for nothing?

No, it couldn't have.

Taking a seat at the head of the table, I glanced over the meticulously arranged documents—the backbone of the Sudo case.

It was in this room that the fate of Sudo would be had. For better or worse it was yet to come.

"We will now begin the deliberation proceedings regarding the violent incident that occurred last Tuesday." A girl with purple ribbons spoke behind the president. "Your presence is appreciated. Now, first of all, I will preside today as student Council Secretary."

"The student council president and vice president attending over a little brawl, what an honour," Chabashira spoke up with a smile.

"I'm not the vice president for this case, just a plain old normal Class C student." Hiro smiled straight at me.

Why were you doing this to me?

"My apologies." She joked.

"Apology accepted." Hiro chuckled.

"I always try to join but due to my strict schedule, I can't. But I'm glad I'm here for this one." A smirk appeared on the president's face as he looked over at Horikita.

She was already soundly defeated. Something had to be done if we wanted a chance to win this.

The conversation unfolded like a chess game, moves and counter-moves, as they meticulously examined every detail, cross-referencing statements and seeking patterns within the labyrinth of information.