1. Broken hearts

MS was waiting for Sonu to come back home. It'd been late, he looked at the clock 10th time in the last 5 minutes, 1:07 am, it showed. He had been worried as hell. Off late Sonu had been out of house too often. In fact, he was rarely ever home. Whenever asked about this, he would say that he is working in his studio, but MS knew that wasn't the truth. But he didn't know how to confront his younger brother about this. After their mother's death, Sonu had closed off a lot and this bothered MS. He had given Sonu enough time to grieve, now was the time he knew where he belonged.

Virat and Bhuvi had been loitering around in the hallway. MS urged them to go sleep but they were adamant to not sleep without seeing Sonu today. Even they were lil worried, their mother had died in a motor vehicle accident, so they were always anxious when any of their brothers didn't reach home on time.

Sonu arrived a lil while later, he had a look at the three figures sitting in his wait and then non-chalantly made his way to his room. MS however, was determined, he wasn't letting him go without the much needed talk. He came and stood in front of him, looking him into the eye, crossing his arms on his chest.

Sonu's eyes lowered a bit, before he dared to meet Mahi's eyes again, "I need to sleep Mahi, it's been late"

"You realise it's been late? Thank Lord"  Sonu rolled his eyes at the taunt.

"Mahi please, koi drama nahi yaar raat ko. Subah baat karte hain. Good night" Sonu said as he tried to move from the side but Mahi blocked the way again.

"Wait a min. Are you drunk? " Mahi asked as he sniffed his brothers shirt a little. His eyes widened, his suspicion was correct. He was indeed drunk.

Sonu shook his head ferociously. He had sprayed a lot of perfume, how could that not work?

"Don't lie to me" MS said. His voice had taken that firm tone which often scared the kids. The tone which compelled one to spill the truth.

Sonu looked down and composed himself before facing Mahi again. "Ek baar bata diya na maine, let me go sleep Mahi. Thats enough of your autocracy" He shouted purposely as he tried to walk away.

Mahi pulled him by his arm and made him stand in front of him. He glared at him till the younger man toned down.
"You are drunk. Tell me I'm wrong" Mahi said, his voice not betraying the disappointment he was feeling.

"I'm in no mood to tell you anything Mahi. Mai kuchh bhi karu tujhe kya? Kya farak padta hai tujhe mai pi rha hu toh? Don't you try to show your authority to me. Bachcho ko dikha wo" He said, pointing to the twins. MS eyed the twins to leave and they didn't question this time. They quietly got up and left.

"This is not your first time. Haina? You've been doing it since quite a few months. " MS added, unbothered with the accusations his brother was trying to throw. He knew it was his defence mechanism, to not show his vulnerability to anyone.

Suresh didn't like this feeling of getting exposed. So he tried to provoke him a bit more, that was his only escape, "Agar maine haan bola toh kya kar lega tu? Maarega? Maar ke dikha mujhe? "

MS prayed for patience. People often said that he had the patience of a saint. His brothers, especially this one, made him question this every now and then.

Sonu didn't stop. He didn't show, but he knew the line was breaking, MS was getting provoked, he had to just add a lil more fuel. "Haan peeta hu mai. Rok sakta hai tu? Do the hell you want Mahi, you aren't stopping me"

"Boht maar khayega sonu. Don't you dare touch that thing again. You are not even of age" MS warned. But Sonu spat again, "Kon maarega haan? Tu? You cannot hit me Mahi"