A Past Best Left Burried and Interesting News

(A/N: again karito_karma for the art

(A/N: again karito_karma for the art. Many thanks to her!)

She looked at me, even Kaiserin looked at me with extreme worry...

"You- you did this to yourself??" Valentina screamed

"Yea.. I'm old Commander. I'm nearing 4800 in human years, but yes. When I was younger, around 2000 year ago I had a wife... Sarina... she was taken from me brutally. I wish not to retell but it was her death that spurred me into a life of being... for lack of a better term stupid." I was now sitting on the hospital bed, facing her as Love was holding me like I was a ghost.

"For 1500 years... I was reckless... I was fighting because I was hurting... because I was hurt and didn't know what else to do. See, Commander, I have a high regeneration. It's in my families genes. In order to kill me It'd have to take a megaton bomb to atomize me! See watch."

As I said that both the women in the room look at me puzzled as I take out a Bowie knife. Love is the first one to piece it together and tried to stop me, too late.

I plunge the knife into my neck and drag it. Cutting a clean slice across my throat, Valentina is scared and worried and love is on the verge of shooting me. I put my hand up and motion them to stop, soon they do.

My throat starts to seal and close and I regain the ability to speak

" *COUGH* Yea- that's gonna hurt for a while... excuse me for a moment-" I grab the nearest trash can and proceed to spit the blood that pooled in my throat... soon it starts to evaporate.

"Ok... ok I'm fine.. see? It will take a shit ton of force to kill me, although I can be incapacitated easily with too much trauma-" before i can continue my horn gets pulled quite violently

"Kaiser! I swear to whatever damn deity fucking listens if you do that again I WILL punish you! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!?" Love screamed

"Yes ma'am! I am sorry!" I Yelp as I'm quite literally thrown to the floor. While I'm being man handled someone opens the door and none other than Belfast comes in.

"I heard screaming what has wen-" she stops when she sees an angry Empress and an angry Commander with me on the floor and the former holding my horn in her hand.

"I see Kaiser did something to deserve punishment. Please take care not to kill him, he still needs to meet most the other Kansens on base"

She simply smiled... Bel... please help...

"Kaiser I know what your thinking and I cannot offer help. On the other hand, Commander your presence is needed. And so are these two." She said while motioning toward us.

It's been five minutes and my horn is still aching.. damn Mutter was right hell hath no fury... We are walking to a meeting room. It seems something important has come up and me and Love being the more powerful ships at the Commanders disposal makes us an asset.

"So Bel," she turn her head, stoic expression all the same "When were you going to reveal you and Enterprise seeing each other?" She fully whipped around to face me as we all stopped. Her expression now of pure confusion.

"How-" I raise a hand

"Bell you forget I am the father to a couple hundred of people. I figured out very soon. Even Kaiserin had an inkling though I'm sure Enterprise was the one to lead that thought train."

She looks at me, judging whether I'm using this for leverage.

"But!" I slightly yell before hugging the short cruiser "Im happy for ya! Can't have imagined a better person to be with Enty!"

Valentina speaks up "Kaiser put her down your for one embarrassing her and two im pretty sure your suffocating her." I look down and sure enough i was.

"OH! Sorry bout that Bel..." I put her down and apologize

She fixes her outfits ruffles "It.. It is ok Kaiser. To answer your question I was going to tell before the attack when we were having that dinner but.. yea we got interrupted." She looked at me seeming trying to speak but not finding the words

"What's on your mind kiddo? Don't worry I ain't gonna bite you know." I say as we start walking again, looks like Commander and Love is wondering as well

"Well I- I was actually... If you don't mind my brashness: I was confused slightly on your acceptance.. Considering me and Enterprise are both.."

"Female?" I answer for her "Yea I don't care. Love is love. Look I'm gonna be real with you ladies, when I was younger, before my wife Sarina when I was around 400-500 I was no stranger to playing both sides. Yea Love I have done both sides, but your the only one on my mind darlin."

She hums in approval before latching onto my arm.

"I'm pretty sure the commander don't care. Hell Enty taking better care of herself is a massive plus here. Long as your happy Bel that's all that matters. Now what's this meeting about."

She motions to the commander "Well while she was watching over your recovery things came up. I was told by her to get her if things required it. Let's just say some people want to join us.. they see things our way now."

Soon we reach two mahogany double doors. Good craftsmanship, I open the doors with little effort. Then I see them. Akagi, Kaga, and Bismarck. They see me and immediately tense up.

I'm standing over the table staring them down. Akagi is visibly shrinking, Kaga is looking more or less calm and Bismarck looks scared shitless.

"So!" I clap my hands "I'm gonna ask this once: did any of you cause any trouble for the base while I've been recovering?"

"Yes, me and Akagi have been behaving." Kaga said, I could tell she was calm on the outside but was scared more of love than me

"Mir geht es gut, das verspreche ich." Bismarck says after some seconds of silence

I look at her and stroke my beard in contemplation before replying "Gut, solange du dich benimmst, sind wir hier Freunde." She looks surprised at me calling her friend.

"Well let's get this meeting done with" Valentina says in a tired tone.

There's nothing tragic about grasping what you want...

Even if only for a moment.