Chapter 8: Love Me Not

"Em, remember anything—anything, from last weekend?"

In the classroom, Wyatt leaned in, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he asked the impending question. You furrow your eyebrows and lean your head slightly to the back. In a careful motion, you roll your eyes upwards, attempting to turn your brain upside down—

"As much as you rack your brain upside down," Tyler chimes in swiftly. He stomps a leg on the chair across from you, settling on the table beside Liam. "You won't remember anything, right?" he hollers, holding an apple in his hands as he takes a bite and raises his eyebrows before he continues,

"Sandman?"

Your dark brown eyes widen as Eve laughs with ultimate satisfaction beside you. You bring your palm to your forehead, supporting your head and hide your face in shame as you mutter under your breath helplessly, "He threw me in the sand again, didn't he?" throwing the question not only to Cavill, but to the whole group before you.

"Let's try it with a different perspective," he mumbles in squinted eyes, hiding his hazel eyes between those two eyelids while nodding slightly. One hand still holding the bitten apple, another with a finger pointed at you. "How about we go back to the part when you—" he moves his pointed finger right to Dom's temple who's been closing his eyes wearily, "stupidly drank this moron's tequila—" and pokes at it harshly, making Dom's head bounce lazily, before continuing his speech, "and almost got two guys escort you to out of nowhere!"

"Let's not take it a little too far, Ty—they're just dancing," Eve interrupts with a mischievous grin, matching her boyfriend's.

Tyler turns to her in disappointment and complains, "Reed? I thought you're on my side, senorita?"

"Yada yada yada, now I know you're just exaggerating, Ty," you sass, rolling your eyes as you move your head right and left, disregarding his speech.

Tyler throws both of his hands in the air in defeat as he says, "You're welcome to ask anyone in here, princess."

You share unwary glances to the other three, but they can barely contain their laughter, well that's a little bit.. confirming whatever story that annoying Tyler just spun. Burying your head in your arms in defeat, you let out a groan, feeling utterly embarrassed for yourself. However, a surprising compliment hangs in the air as someone chimes in,

"You're good at dancing though."

And all heads turn to Dom, the person behind the flirtatious act. Tyler eyes him like a predator sizing up his prey and says, "You looking for a fight, Hunt?"

With a slight side shrug, Dom nonchalantly remarks,  "Just sayin."

You gaze at him with sudden building hope as he seems to be the only one who's on your side—

Besides Eve—she doesn't count—I mean—She's Eve. She should be on my side.

Feeling a bit flustered, you decided to shift the focus by sharing an unexpected twist. "Nevermind, actually—guys I got a love note on my locker, asking me out on a date!" you announce joyfully.

The group's attention swiftly shifted, vibes turning into a mix of tense and surprise. 'How the hell could she say it lightly when Tyler's around,' echo in their minds as all eyes turn to Tyler. To everyone's more surprise, he merely raises any eyebrows, leaving everyone intrigued by his unexpected lack of reaction. Wyatt, eager to add some drama to the situation, finally addresses the unspoken question lingering in the air.

"Uh.. what's going on? How can—Ty.. ler, should welikeinterrogate—"

"Should I break it off? Or you?" you smirk as you turn to Tyler, excitement bubbles within you. He simply nods in your direction in disinterest, giving you the freedom to decide.