Chapter 3

I spent that entire night alone. No friend to support me and no fiancé to love me. I was alone, I had lost everyone and everything. The two I ever loved, and the only thing I have now is a ring to remind me that I'll never be happy again.
I can't go back to Thomas, not after what he did. I stared at my arm blankly, laying on the uncomfortable bed of the hospital. One of the doctors came in to release me. They placed my arm in my cast and let me go. I was left alone, walking down the hallways of the hospital with a cast keeping my left arm strapped to my chest, and the only thing I had was my bag and the damned ring.
I walked out of the hospital, clutching my release forms in my closed fist. My motorcycle was ruined, so I had no ride, plus I can't use my left arm. Some pain began to creep into my head.
Where do I go now? Do I have to start my life all over...? I paused out front of the hospital, staring at the busy street. Cars and motorcycles dashed passed each other, pedestrians crossed roads and held phones against her ears. Kids were being held by mothers. Elders drank tea peacefully at their tables. Everyone had lives, and mine was thrown apart within hours.
I set up a plan in my head, watching all the ads and boards for ideas.
Alright, y/n, where is a good place to start new?
And the strangest place came to mind; Las Vegas. I was already close by anyways. With a nod I called a taxi and had him drive me there. I was acting and deciding so sudden, but I wanted to save myself from heart ache. I paid the man his money once we arrived and I got out of the car, overwhelmed at the sights. Las Vegas, here we are.
I began walking through the crowded sidewalks. My shoulders slammed with other people and not a single apology was said. Everything felt extremely crowded and I felt as if I couldn't breathe. I entered a bar, feeling drained out of all my energy. The further I got from home, the less of me I felt. I dragged myself to a seat and asked myself for a drink. I stared at the people around me. Men and women laughing loudly, alcohol filling their bodies. Giggles erupted from different spots as men hit on women.
Life was going to suck...