Chapter 16

Thomas' eyes glazed over with disbelief and hope. "You're- you'll give me another chance?"
My heart patted against my chest and I felt myself slightly panic, unsure of what I was saying. I didn't know what I truly wanted, but my heart couldn't handle leaving him so broken and defeated.
I nodded gently. "Yeah," I said in an inaudible voice, and only in my head did it sounded like a lie.
My mind slowly reached a calm gear so I could process things properly, the realization that I was returning to him leaving a pain tighten on my chest.
Our eyes traded emotions, his eyes now coated with hope and joy, mine filled with sorrow.
Thomas let out a soft, breathless noise as the corner of his lips curved into an overjoyed smile. As his eyes scanned my face for any signs indicating that I was lying, I let my hands drop to my sides.
His soft palms quickly but gently cupped my cheeks, brushing off some tears produced just by the sight of him.
"Can I ... Is it okay if I kiss you?" He asked and the life was already brought back into his voice and demeanor.
I backed up slightly as I sniffled. I shook my head, knowing that this was already moving too fast for me.
"Sorry, too fast," he said and sat down fully, looking at me in silence with awe, as if I were some gold treasure that's been hidden for years and he just discovered.
"Can I at least hold you?"
I turned my head slightly upward to gaze at him. I got upset with myself when I looked into his soft eyes that pleaded me to say yes.
I rubbed my cold arms and looked down at the carpet, nodding my head softly, yet not saying a word.
Immediately Thomas took his black jacket off and placed it around my shoulders.
Despite the warmth of the jacket, I felt goosebumps form on my skin as he wrapped his arms carefully around my waist. I could visibly see his hands shakily lock together, pulling me against his firm chest.
My heart launched into a marathon, leaving me almost light headed.
His lips left a warm kiss on my hair and I shifted closer to his body, allowing my head to rest on his chest.
None of us said a word.
This was the closest him and I have gotten in months, and it felt immensely great. I couldn't believe the amount of safety and warmth I felt, as if I was finally home. I didn't want to admit it.
My heart settled comfortably, surprisingly pleased with the new atmosphere. My mind hushed down into silence.
No more thoughts buzzing through my head, leaving splitting headaches. No more painful chest aches. No more tears.
As we sat on the carpet comfortable with the silence, one last thought came to mind.
"Thomas?" I called out quietly, my eyelids feeling slightly heavy. The scent of his soft cologne tickled my nose, leaving me sleepy in his warm embrace.
"Yeah?" He asked, and I could tell his eyes were closed as well.
"I think I'll take that kiss after all..."
Thomas slightly unwrapped his arms from me in surprise, yet didn't dare to release me. I looked up at his face and his eyes glazed over with love. His thumb caressed my cheek and he leaned in.
As our eyes closed and our lips met once more, I felt every inch of pain from my body wash away, and I knew that I did truly forgive him.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Hey, guys! Thank you so much for reading this story, I really loved writing it but it has now come to an end *sniffsniff* But no worries, I'll be writing lots of more stories 😏 Thanks once more for all your votes and lovely comments!