Chapter 7

Life continued to disappoint me as well as the people that surrounded me. And by people I mean Michael and the woman who came in every morning to make my bed. There was one person assigned to each section in a hotel floor to do all the cleaning and such, but I suppose mine got scared and asked to switch with another person.
Now it was a man who came every morning to clean.
The first time I saw him was the following day when I had completely walked out on Michael.
I didn't sleep that night. I rested my head on the soft pillow, staring up at the roof as if a movie was playing. Hours passed and eventually the roof went from black to a foggy white.
A knock was heard on the door right on schedule.
7am.
I ignored it and continued to stare at the roof. The movie that played in my head was my life. All the ups and downs.
Michael's question continued to erupt the images in my head,
'So you'll eventually get better?'
There was a second knock on the door.
I squinted my eyes towards the roof, deep in thought. Anytime that any other character would speak in the movie, the same words would come out of their mouths,
'So you'll eventually get better?'
A 'click' sends me back into reality and I sit up on my bed as my door gets pushed open. I felt the vein on my neck become more prominent as I opened my mouth to shout at the lady,
"Hey lady don't you know better than to-!" The remainder of the sentence erased away as a rather large, dark skinned man entered my hotel room.
I stared at him blankly, confused.
His brown eyes looked at me and he raised his eyebrows questioningly, almost as if daring me to continue my sentence.
"Uh..." The sound chokes out of my throat as I sat frozen still on my bed.
He keep the door open as he pulls out toilet paper rolls from the cart. He walked into my bathroom.
"Um..." I stood up and followed him up the bathroom door. "You're not my usual cleaning lady.." I stated obviously. I watched him as he grabbed the trash from my bathroom and replaced the toilet paper rolls.
"I think everyone knows that," he spoke, walking to the cart and grabbing clean towels.
"Wanna tell me what happened to her?" I asked, the usual annoyance and sass lacing my voice.
"She didn't like you," he replied casually, shrugging his shoulders. He placed the clean towels on the bathroom counters.
I scoffed. "So she traded places?"
"What do you think, drunky?"
My mouth dropped open. "What did you call me?!"
"You might've intimated that woman but don't expect it to work on me," he said. "I still plan on doing my job whether you like it or not. So save your sass for someone who'll take it."
I crossed my arms as he walked in front of me and to my bed. It was untouched.
"Did you even sleep?"
I laugh. "What do you expect, Jason?"
He glared at me. "Who the hell is Jason?"
"Jason DeRulo."
The annoyance and irritation of my face mirrored onto his.
"You're saying I look like a famous singer."
"Yes."
"And that's an insult how?"
I roll my eyes. "Just get out, DeRulo."
"You can't be rude to a staff member. You've been staying here for months, we can kick you out easily you know that right?" He threatened calmly.
My lips remained in a straight line, unaffected by his attempt. "I'm paying you guys money, I'd like to see you kick out a paying visitor."
"You mean your fiancé is paying. You're not paying for anything."
I uncrossed my arms in surprise. How the hell does he know about Thomas?
"Don't tell me you're a stalker, too," I growled.
"Stalker? Oh don't flatter yourself. Your fiancé, or should I say ex-fiancé is the famous actor Thomas Sangster. You must not be very bright if you think people don't recognize your face." He made his way to the door. "The real question is who doesn't know you." He chuckled and closed the door, disappearing from my sights.
And there I stood, my heart stepped on as if  it were a pile of dog shit...