Daenyra I

A/n: A long one.Hope you'll like it! Not much happens in this chapter but I'm looking forward to the next one.

"Your graces, I am sorry to introduce at this hour, but a raven same for you, my queen." A guard told the now-Queen and King of the North.
"Thank you, Rodrik," Daenyra said as she took the letter from his hands.

"Who is it from?" her husband said while trying to look at the letter.
"I don't know yet," she replied with a playful tone.
Daenyra laid back into their bed and turned the letter.
She looked at the seal, and her heart dropped.

Moss Faenerys's sigil of healing plants and flowers greeted her.
Daenyra opened the letter and was thankful that it was written in high valyrian.

My dear friend
Alarming news has reached the free cities—well, at least for you and your family.
Khal Drogo is dead; your cousin, however, lives.
She is in grave danger; the new khals wish her dead.
Out of all of this, maybe something good has happened—dragons live again.
Or so they say.
According to fishermen I have treated, three dragons were born of a pyre.

I hope you and Aeron are well and do write more.

Moss Faenerys.

"Oh god," she whispered, and she jumped out of bed.
"Amber? Is something wrong?" Robb asked, alarmed.
"A friend of mine has fallen sick. Moss, whom you know, looked at Bran; he is treating her."
"I am sorry."
"Thank you, my love. I have to tell Aeron."
"Of course."

She put on her coat and called her Shadowcat to her side.
"Aeron?" she said carefully.
"I am awake."
"Good."
"What happened?" he asked when he saw her face.
"Don't look so alarmed. I got a letter from Moss."
She handed him the letter.

"Six dragons live now," he said, laughing.
"Don't laugh! and we already knew that we turned real dragons into stone. She is in danger. Daenerys is a child, a widow, and a mother who lost a child. They think she is weak. They will want to kill her and then take her dragons. I don't know where she is,Moss doesn't know where she is.."
"I am sorry. She's likely in the red waste. The only place that will accept her and not kill her immediately is Quarth."

"Don't mention that place. That one lord still gives me nightmares."
He gave her a look.
"I will look into my fires. I might be able to help. You go back to your bed and sleep; tomorrow we move camp."
She looked down at her fingers.
"I don't look forward to it."
He kneeled to her and looked her hands in his.
"I know, but this one camp and we go to the Eternal Garden. You will see your aunt and your brother."
She smiled now.
"Yes. Now having Dany by my side would make this heaven."
"It will happen. I will make it happen, I vow to you."
"Thank you, Aeron."

She stood and walked over to the cage.
Her dragons lay in it.
The red dragon who watched first was named Aegarax.
In Valyrian culture, Aegarax created the first dragon, so it was a fitting name, she thought.

Morghul, a purple she-dragon, hatched next.
She killed a bird in the first week of her life, resulting in Aeron giving her the name of death.

Pryzes, the silver she-dragon, and the youngest of them were, however, the first of them to breathe her fire.

Daenyra opened the cage, and they flew out awkwardly.
Morghul landed on her shoulder, Aegarax on the table, and Pryzes on Ser Knights's back.

Daenyra sat down.
"It is mad."
"Yes, it is."
A beat of silence.
"I would not have thought that dragons and shadowcats could get along."Aaron said.
"Well, apparently they do."

"How long will the spell hold?" She asked him.
"As long as you want it. I can renew the spell as much as I'd like."
"You are a marvel, Aeron. To make dragons invisible to the world."
She couldn't see this face but knew how much those words meant to him.
"Well, the word will see them as birds," he said nervously.
"Well, nice birds they are."