3.The Phantom

" Good Morning Manchae," Yunjin called out to her in front of the school gate

" Morning Yunjin," Eunchae replied to her chirpily as they entered the school. Yunjin slides her arms around Eunchae's shoulder.

Yunjin has always been Eunchae's best friend since the first day of school. They sat next to each other on the first day; the rest is history.

"I heard about the pool, " Yunjin told Eunchae as they entered the locker room to change their shoes.

"Yeah, it happened again, " Eunchae said feeling frustration building up. She can't seem to catch the culprit.

"Do you think it's him? He did it ?" Yunjin asks her looking at Eunchae keenly.

" Yeah, I do, but I don't have any proof," Eunchae turned to look at Yunjin and sighed.

" Girl, trust me you are the most capable person I know, you will catch him in no time," she said linking arms with Eunchae.

"It's like he is an entity that-," Eunchae said but stopped mid-sentence when she saw the devil himself at the school's gate.

Yunjin turned around to look at what caused Eunchae to halt everything she had to say.

"Well he is good-looking I might say," Yunjin commented when she saw the phantom that Eunchae was referring to all this while.

"What?"Eunchae whipped her head to look at Yunjin.

"C'mon let's be real he kinda looks good," Yunjin said giving Eunchae the look.

"Well I don't see it, He looks like a duck to me," Eunchae said slamming her locker shut.

"Okay... miss gurl," Yunjin said nudging Eunchae playfully breaking her into a smile.

Eunchae looks at Niki, is Yunjin blind? Or is she blind? Well, it does not matter anyway she has a bigger problem to solve. To nail the coffin. Once he slips, she could just get him right on the act. Everybody makes mistakes, she is just waiting for his to happen.

The school bell rings, indicating the first period is about to start.

The rest of the day goes like any other. Eunchae does all the duties and appoints the rest of the student body tasks accordingly. But just when the day is about to end, a student budges through the classroom.

"Eunchae, you have got to see what's going on," the student said pulling her hand along.

As Eunchae stepped outside what she saw made her jaw drop. Flyers everywhere falling from the sky. Eunchae picked up the flyer just to see the principal's face on it. The face was drawn over with a red marker. It was everywhere.

Eunchae could feel her whole body heat up. Who could have done this? Eunchae scanned around frantically and just then she saw someone in their school uniform on the top floor. That person is wearing a vendetta mask throwing down more and more flyers all over the school courtyard.

Just then the person saw Eunchae, and their eyes met. Those eyes. Those eyes seemed so familiar that Eunchae could feel in her gut who it was. All of a sudden, the masked guy broke into a run.

"Hey, stop!" Eunchae's voice boomed across the hallway making all the students around look at her bewildered.

She sprinted as fast as she could. Her feet pressed on and she could feel her blood pumping through her veins. Her heart pounds against her chest like a drum. No matter what happens she is going to catch this person in the act. She has to make all of this stop, and if she catches him, she will be more than happy.

But it is easier said than done. The masked person moves like the light swerving through students to get away from Eunchae. But Eunchae is fast. She is catching up. As she got closer and closer she could be more confident that the person is a boy. She reaches out to her hand to grab his shoulder but she can't. Her fingers barely grazed the fabric of his blazer. And all of a sudden he turned into the corner.

She turned to see him standing still. His pathway was blocked due to the dead end.

"TURN AROUND! WHO ARE YOU!" Eunchae shouted but the student did not move.

He stood still like a rock. Only heaving up and down catching his breath.

"Turn around now," Eunchae said in a calmer tone.

The boy slowly turns around with the vendetta mask on his face. His eyes were the only thing that Eunchae could see was piercing. She felt as if eyes could kill, she might already be dead.

Eunchae took a step closer. She needed to know who it was. As her hand inched closer, the fire alarm broke the atmosphere. Before Eunchae could even react, she could feel somebody hitting her neck and her vision started to blur.

  As she pass out she could smell a faint scent. A certain type of cologne. A woody one.

She could see the boy remove his mask but it was so clouded. The next thing she knew was that the darkness consumed her.